• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gemini Fonts

Scott_AN

Is there a place to find the fonts in the gemini catalog? Im looking for one in particular, called Gemco, I have googled for it but havent had any success. anyone have a clue where to find it? Thanks

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
If you get an account with user ID and Password you used to be able to download them off of their site. Kerning sucks on half the font, but they are nice enough to put a G- in front of their fonts.

Keep in mind that was about 5 years ago.

Billct2

Yep, the online fonts are still there for those who sign up.
But remember that even those are not exact, there always seems to be a little variation from the font in the manufacturing process, at least with molded plastics.

Shovelhead

Unless the kerning has recently been changed, the paper patterns
are plotted as-is. The kerning that you seen on-screen is what you get
on the pattern. Now, if that's not case, I didn't get the memo.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Unless the kerning has recently been changed, the paper patterns
are plotted as-is. The kerning that you seen on-screen is what you get
on the pattern. Now, if that's not case, I didn't get the memo.

Nope... that's the case... which is why I say FIX it before ya' send it...

Malkin

The catalog claims that they adjust the kerning for every pattern to order. The implication being that they don't just type it out and hit "print". Also, I have had some patterns that looked to have the letters traced on with a sharpie, so definitely kerned by hand.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Malkin, they plot the patterns on a plotter. If you provide them art using their fonts they will follow your file. If you were to call the order in they would kern the order to standard kerning.