• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gemini Markup

bigben

Hi, I will use gemini canada for the first time for an item I can't make myself. My question is, what markup to you put on their pricing with shipping? Thanks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So an order that I pay $300 plus $30 shipping I would price it at $420 + $30 + $Install

You don't take your price and add 40%, that's not how you figure it. If you take 40% of $500, you'd end up with $300.

In my case, it's a custom quote not a catalog pricing. Would you still add your 40%?

It would be easier just to ask them. I would think they'll tell you what it would normally be for retail of you ask and it's not already figured in.

CanuckSigns

Yeah the catalogue pricing has a 40% markup already applied, when you request a quote from them it is your cost.

When pricing from the book, make sure you account for "oversize" items, as the shipping cost is astronomical, like 4-5 times the normal cost.

spectrum maine

it used to be easy to do a gemini job, now they have all these arbritary charges & the pattern charges are astronominal.
i find 40% doesnt cut it anymore.

shoresigns

If you subtract 40% from a number, adding 40% doesn't bring it back to the original amount. That's not how math works.

I've counted 5 people in this thread who have the math wrong, so here's how it works in case math isn't your forte:

To calculate Gemini's wholesale price from their catalog price, you subtract 40% from retail, which, on a calculator, means multiplying by 0.6 or 60%. When you get a wholesale quote from Gemini, you don't multiply by 140% or 1.4 to bring it back up to retail. You divide by 60% or 0.6, or multiply by the reciprocal of 0.6, which is 1.667.

Sign Works

Sounds like a lot of folks need to go back to high school and take basic math again.

Just double your cost and make it worth while. No that does not include installation.

Last edited: