• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question General Design & Wraps

equippaint

What are your opinions on freelancers and the sites that promote them?
I sat here Saturday for a few hours to redesign our logo, I like what I came up with but know that I wont in a few weeks of looking at it. My next project was a booklet to use as marketing material and that will be the same deal. Im not a designer but I know what looks dumb so it takes me forever.

I'm looking for a little freelance help on designs, much of which is for my own company. We do get a fair amount of outside sign and decal work and for the past year have been getting wrap requests which I turn down. There's not enough work for a full time person. Can anyone recommend someone that would want to design a wrap here and there, some marketing materials for us and maybe a sign from time to time?

CL Visual

I do a ton of vehicle wraps and we have 4 full time designers. Some projects I still send out to freelancers. There is an amazing vehicle wrap freelancer out of Florida named Scott Kepple. His Website is skepple.com. He's very fair on price to the trade considering the quality of his work. Although any designer may have the skill and talent to design a wrap, there are a lot of factors designing on a 2d template to what actually happens on a 3d vehicle. Trust me when I say you want someone experienced to design vehicle wraps. I know a few other freelancers as well if you'd like some names.

2B

+1 for all the points stated by CL Visual

your most precious asset is your time, and as you stated it takes you forever to design

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We design wraps all the time but we don't like using templates. Templates will get you in the ballpark but 9 times out of 10 when the vehicle shows up it has body molding where the template didn't show. You have to have the vehicle in for surveying. Straight on photos of all sides, front and back. Jot down notes of key measurements such as door width, windows, etc.

equippaint

We design wraps all the time but we don't like using templates. Templates will get you in the ballpark but 9 times out of 10 when the vehicle shows up it has body molding where the template didn't show. You have to have the vehicle in for surveying. Straight on photos of all sides, front and back. Jot down notes of key measurements such as door width, windows, etc.
I can make the templates no problem. For what we work on, there's not much choice since there are none available. I run into the same issues with machine decals as you mentioned, you can have 10 of the same machines and 3 of them will have some oddity that throws it off. I'd make and send a template to the designer so I knew for sure it would be right.

LEE Bushee

I will help where I can. 30 years in Sign Business
My advise. Why spend days on 1 wrap at 3500 with a profit of 2000 when you can keep making signs. I have wrapped over 500 vehicles. Did the math and found I could have made 10x the profit just making signs without the hassle

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Can we see examples of these "signs" you've referenced in a couple of threads where you're making $1k/day? Signs is a very broad term.

edit: I read your math wrong, $20k profit in a few days of "signs"