• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

General Formulations 201OAP, and Latex

dypinc

Anyone been able to use 201OAP lately, Every roll I have gotten lately has been bad. It used to print just fine. Opened a new box today. Did a calibration, black looked terrible, Ink coalesced with spots all over the place. Roll already boxed up to be returned.

I have had no trouble with any other of GFs vinyl just the 201OAP. Optimizer is set at 12 just like all the other vinyl. I Don't think the Media Preset is bad and it is not doing what it is set to do? Probably not because I just selected the 201OAP preset and did a calibration print on Brightlines 2201GY and it looked fine.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Looking at GF website, the product description says "This film is designed to accept a variety of solvent-based inkjet and UV curable inks common to wide format digital printing systems.". Now I don't know why it wouldn't include Latex....many other product descriptions list it, so I guess that's just a general statement not meant to exclude Latex. But who knows.

BALLPARK

We just sent back a 60" roll of the 201 series. We have used this for a while for the budget saver type customers. But I think I'm just going to remove it from our media line-up. We purchased from Fellers and they shipped a new roll. It appears to be printing fine, but I would have preferred to just switch out the roll for another brand.

We are testing some Arlon and 3M options to replace it.