• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

General Liability Insurance - Who do you use?

Christian @ 2CT Media

I'm auditing all of our expenses this month and one thing that jumps out at me is my cost of insurance. I have a 4mil umbrella/general liability coverage that is costing me $300/mo through Country Financial, not very pleased with the cost/service level.

I'm wondering who you all use, so I can get comparable quotes?

petepaz

got mine through liberty mutual. i have my home owners and auto through them as well. they have been very competitive and their service has been good also.
i had some bad wind storms last year and some damage to the house and personal items in the yard. adjuster came out with in 2-3 days of my claim and left me a check.
it was that easy. never had any claims through the business (knock on wood) but only had the business insurance through them for about a year and a half now.

CanuckSigns

We are with State Farm, had a fire 3 years ago, everything at the shop was completly distroyed, they came through with money in a timely manner to help us rebuild, no questions asked. I would reccomend them highly

TXFB.INS

The Boss has a 2 million umbrella / liability coverage through Farmers and that runs $108 per month.

Desert_Signs

State Farm.

2 mil GL, workman's comp, unlimited Certificates of Insurance, 3 vehicles, business property, household property. ~$450 a month.

Jillbeans

Mine is through Hannahstown Mutual, under $500 a year but it's very slim coverage.
Pretty much covers if I was delivering a sign and it blew off my truck, etc.
Remember, regular auto insurance will not cover that.
Love....Jill

Christian @ 2CT Media

State Farm.

2 mil GL, workman's comp, unlimited Certificates of Insurance, 3 vehicles, business property, household property. ~$450 a month.

That's 2/3rd what I pay when we include the truck. It's ridiculous, personally we have great credit 787, no insurance claims ever, no high risk activities, no accidents. They just audited us and already our agent is saying our rates will go up.

For those of you who do wraps, do your carriers require you to have garage keepers insurance?

Desert_Signs

That's 2/3rd what I pay when we include the truck. It's ridiculous, personally we have great credit 787, no insurance claims ever, no high risk activities, no accidents. They just audited us and already our agent is saying our rates will go up.

For those of you who do wraps, do your carriers require you to have garage keepers insurance?

Oh I forgot. That includes garage keepers insurance too.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Here is my breakdown on my insurance:
GL (4mil umbrella) + $50,000 Property Insurance: $315/mo
Garage Keepers (1mil limit): $135/mo
2012 Titan (2mil limit): $265/mo

I feel like this is high for what we do. I was forced in to the 4mil limit due to government contracts and high risk due to fair/carnival work.

psedillo

I was just quoted the following from State Farm and would appreciate feedback on the rates:

Business Package Policy: $2,930
Commercial Auto Policy: $3,525 (2016 Ford Transit Connect)
$1 Million Dollar Commercial Umbrella: $625
Total: $7,080 Monthly $590.00

TXFB.INS

I was just quoted the following from State Farm and would appreciate feedback on the rates:

Business Package Policy: $2,930
Commercial Auto Policy: $3,525 (2016 Ford Transit Connect)
$1 Million Dollar Commercial Umbrella: $625
Total: $7,080 Monthly $590.00

seems high, see my above post.
2 mil umbrella with business protection for $108 a month through Farmers

psedillo

seems high, see my above post.
2 mil umbrella with business protection for $108 a month through Farmers
Thank you for the feedback, that was my thought as well. I started with the agent covering my house and cars, but will continue to get prices from other insurance companies.