• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

general retail pricing spreadsheet help

southflbsg

hello there
to sum this up pretty fast for you guys
ive been managing production and design for a sign shop in south fl for close to three years now
a client has ask me to help him set up his own retail location
which i have accepted
using quickbooks in the past
i have general knowledge of basic pricing
exmp banner 7.50 - 8.00 sq ft, a frame packages - would charge 230 for full pvc prints and frames.

my question is
might be in the category of a cheat sheet
but what im looking for is a spreadsheet or template that i can import to quick books or use as a guide line
with basic pricing
for the retail side of the sign industry
(cut media,print media, perf,site signs, dibond pricing and list goes on)

sadly enough using my old company profile is not an option in quickbooks
and i do not feel right doing that

any help would be greatly appreciated as im on a big time crunch

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Excel isn't to hard to learn and if your going to use it you need to understand what is going on in the background for accurate quotes. You will find that you need to update it until you get it dialed in.

Advice - When designing your spread sheets create blocks for your labor rate and material prices, then reference them in your formulas. That way when prices go up you can quickly change the spread sheet without going back into the formulas. Don't forget to

To make them effective try and minimize the inputs - Design,Length, width, quantity, frame or no frame, and have it spit out a 3 tier price (simple, average, complex). If you do retail and wholesale you can add that as well.

I have attached a complex one so you can see some of the features you can use. I made one for the company I use to work for. When I left 3 years ago I recreated and updated it so one day when I bought a printer I would be ready.

Attachments

• Wrap Films.zip
    20.7 KB · Views: 214