• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Generic Parts

bmatlock5

What are some opinions on third party parts for Mutoh printers. Some parts I see no way there can be a difference (i.e. dampers) but what about maintenance stations, printheads, etc. There cannot be that many companies that make these parts one would think, but what are some experiences with these parts? Thanks

RG

I have several 3-year-old aftermarket dampers in my printer. They cost about $3 on ebay and look exactly like and function like the $64 dampers from Mutoh. Stay away from the bright blue aftermarket wiper. That worthless little thing is too stiff and will sling ink everywhere. I am still using the original wiper that came with my printer. After a running a cleaning cycle every day, I clean off the wiper with a q-tip saturated with cleaning fluid. Maintenance stations, aftermarket and original, have worked the same for me. The owner/operator still has to work to keep the MS clean and functional. I got tired of sponges wearing out very quickly, so I hold the sponge in place with 3 very small wires across the top. That way it will last a year or two and never bulge up causing problems with nozzles firing. There is no aftermarket printhead. You can use the head from certain older Epson desktop printers in a Mutoh printer, if you attach it to a solvent manifold and gasket. You can also use heads from certain new Epson desktop printers, if you also attach a decoder card to it along with the solvent manifold and gasket.

brightbanner

i like vivid color
For the DX5 head printers, you can only use original Mutoh head or Epson DX5 head (except VJ1614)
But the damper, wiper, cables, pump, motor, compatible parts are better choice.
I had only buy original printer heads and boards for my printers.

Brent

floater302

For all replaceable parts that I go thru a lot I use sign in china for that stuff and I buy them in bulk everything is good price there except those damn rollers..lol 1.39 each