• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Genie or JLG Aerial Lifts for Installation? USA or Canada

imprintspec

Thanks for the reply, I'm weighing the pros and cons on if I'm better off with a boom truck or an aerial lift, I have a heavy duty truck and a float so transporting the lift wouldn't be an issue, Pricing on a lightly used aerial lift isn't bad either compared to having to purchase a bucket truck. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

J Hill Designs

I would think that jobs only needing 1 man in a self-drivable lift (read: bucket truck) are more frequent than those needing a more heavy duty option.

When I need 2 men in the air, or when I need to go over (in my case) 35 ft, or when I need a secondary lift, I rent a machine more suitable to the task.

Desert_Signs

I can speak from personal experience.... STAY AWAY FROM JLG Towable manlifts. Expensive to repair.

That's what the Home Depot's around here rent. WAY cheaper to rent on occasion. $145 for 4 hours gets most jobs done, under $300 for 24 hours when you need it longer.

I've rented one maybe 30 times over the past couple years. Never had a problem with it.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I get the Bil-Jax for $100 less than the JLG and it's a better lift. If you're near a Taylor Rental (or someone else that might rent them) you might want to take a look.

visual800

As the owner of two bucket trucks and the ex owner of two bucket trucks i can tell you its nothing but rental for me! I have had enuff of the hydraulic world. We have rented both genie and jlg and i can say this about rental, who cares which one is best! Bout the same to me.....i looked into buying one of these machines on ebay and then saw where the reapirs on either were horribly expensive.

imprintspec

Hey thanks for all the input! My thoughts were to set my self up with an application similar to the picture below, I have a truck now that's capable of pulling that size of a load. I think Id like to go a step above the smaller tow able lifts.... the normal working height that I have requests for is 30-40 ft or more. Currently looking at a Genie Z45 Diesel. Anyone own a unit like this or use a similar application for their daily installation needs?

Lift.jpg