• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber 2 Spot Color Error.

Pecks

I have been working at a Printery/Sign shop for a little over 6 months now and ever since I started the spot colors on our Gerber Edge 2 have never worked. I set everything up and when I send it into PM to print, it RIP Errors. I have no experience prior to working here but feel i have a basic knowledge of whats what. I have searched online and had no luck finding anything to help me. My boss said she called customer support and they couldn't figure it out.
I use FlexiSIGN-Pro 10 to design and use Production Manager to send to printers.
Im able to print by sending the colors as cmyk for example in the picture, if i change everything blue to cyan and everything red to magenta in Flexi then im able to send it to the Gerber and when the Gerber asks to insert cyan i put in blue. Thant limits me to only 4 colors and complicates things. Would love a fix for this as we turn jobs away all the time now. Any input would help. Thanks.
Willing to supply more pictures if need be. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sounds like you need to setup your Custom Spot Color Mapping for the Gerber spot color foils you plan to use. Check you Flexi Help files for instructions.

Pecks

Thanks for the help Fred. I got it working like a charm. now the only problem we have is that we get a small pinstripe where foil is not laid down. i should probably start a new thread and supply pictures.