• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge 1 Info Needed

tntnuchia

Can anyone give me some info on this machine like approx. year and what it's worth if in great working condition.

Attachments

• edge willis.jpg
    edge willis.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 129

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
That's one of the very early models. It is pretty much unserviceable whenever it ultimately has a part fail or is Gerber will repair it the cost will be prohibitive. The value of it is really up to you and the seller and depends on what else is included in the way of a matching plotter, software and supplies.

The machine by itself to me would be worth $1000 to $2500 as a backup to the newer one I already have. But I know what to look for to determine its condition and I have regular work to earn a return on the printer. If you do not already have a Gerber 15" plotter and Gerber software, you are looking at an incomplete system that you will still need to spend a few thousand dollars to get the rest of what you need.

tntnuchia

Thank Fred you always have good insight into these things. The printer comes with the gsx plotter, omega 2.5.1, 35 partials of foils, 12 rolls of vinyl ( all are over 25yards some are full rolls ) 2 8' tables that are very well engineered, all parts and pieces to the plotter, 2 custom tables built for both the plotter and printer.

I don't have a gerber system at this moment. Everything looks very well kept and in really good shape.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
As a package I'd guesstimate somewhere in the $5K to $7.5K range would be fair ... especially if it comes with some basic training. What's decent about it is that it gets you started and earning a profit. Whenever the Edge goes though, figure on replacing it rather than repairing it.

tntnuchia

Thanks SignProof Pro and Thanks Fred I hope so too. The biggest problem I face now is learnig the Omega software. Wish me luck...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The Omega 2.51 has a free maintenance upgrade available at the GSP website. I would download it and install it so you're current.

Omega is very different than the SignLab you list in your profile. I would suggest that you have at learning Omega and see if you like it. It was designed with the thought of Edge printing at its core. You may also want to consider adding the Thermal module to SignLab if you are more comfortable in Signlab, but I would give Omega a reasonable try first.