• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge and Flexi help needed

Bluestorm

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so would like to say a big hello to everyone. I have bought a Gerber Edge 1 and trying to print chrome on clear, but the print is coming out very blurred. But the problem is if I set it to spot colour and send it to print nothing prints? I'm very confused what to try next, can anyone help please. I have been trying for 3 days not and running out of ideas. I have uploaded a image for you to look at. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you everyone.

Attachments

• chrome fish.jpg
    chrome fish.jpg
    898.5 KB · Views: 328

Bluestorm

The artwork is vector, but I still cant get the spot colour to print, so the only way it will print is if I use CYMK, but then when its asks for yellow cartridge, I put the chrome in the machine and let it print even though its the wrong cartridge in the machine. Very confused as I know the machine prints perfect. Maybe I have the setting wrong. Thank you very much for your help.

SlikGRFX

How are you setting the spot colour? Maybe the spot colour name isn't being recognised in composer. Update the firmware maybe.

Why not set the vector to 100% yellow and put the chrome foil in instead of yellow.

Bluestorm

Thanks for the reply, as I stated earlier I'm new to the gerber so I really dont know how to set the spot colour, would it be possible to guide me through this? I have loaded the gerber foil pallets as stated here Flexi 12 to gerber edge 2 thanks for your help.

spooledUP7

You need to enable Spot Color Mapping in the Rip and Print, Output Setting tab. From there you will select your document color and then map it to the output color of your choice. For genuine Gerber foils you will read the label name on the cartridge and select the same name in the drop down menu for mapping, and for non-Gerber foils you will select any Gerber color name that matches your document color. You must be using spot colors within the document in order for there to be colors to map. If you do not see any spot colors in the Spot Color Mapping menu then you are either using a bitmap image, or a CMYK/RGB color within the document art.

From there you will go to the driver options button and make sure "Print Spot Colors Only" is turned on, or deselect the check mark next to the CMYK. I rarely use CMYK so by default I hide the CMYK colors from the Drivers Option but there are some colors (like Zero-Nine chrome) which I map to process colors in order to print and so in this case I would uncheck the Spot Colors Only setting.

Once your colors are showing in the Driver's setting you can then arrange the order of your colors to print.

Now looking at your sample print it looks to me that you are actually using a CMYK value for your color due to the "Screen" effect I see. You are probably using a gray of sorts within your document and that is why you are getting a halftone effect. If this is a true vector then simply replace the color with something like "Spot Black" or "Silver Medal". Then send the document to the rip and your color should appear so long as "Use Printer Spot Color Mapping" is enabled.

Bluestorm

Thank you very much for that spooled, it seems to have done the trick, see attached image. The only thing is that its not printing the registration cross mark so I can load it into my gerber cutter, it does show that it will be printed in the preview panel, but as I say its not printing it, any ideas? Thanks again.

Attachments

• chrome fish2.jpg
    chrome fish2.jpg
    845.2 KB · Views: 234

spooledUP7

Thank you very much for that spooled, it seems to have done the trick, see attached image. The only thing is that its not printing the registration cross mark so I can load it into my gerber cutter, it does show that it will be printed in the preview panel, but as I say its not printing it, any ideas? Thanks again.

First, make sure you have a contour cut in your art. You should be able to select just the contour path and go to Arrange, Contour Cut and see "Release Contour Cut" dark black text. If "Make Contour Cut" is dark black text then select this option.

Second, while in the Rip and Print make sure "All" is selected for Color under Labels and Marks on the Output settings tab.

Bluestorm

There is contour cut in the artwork, see image, when I select the fish and go to arrange, contour cut and release contour cut, the release contour cut is greyed out. The Rip and Print is selected for all Color under Labels and Marks on the Output settings tab. Thanks again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 223

Bluestorm

To get the registration cross mark to print, does this need to be printed in black? also if you look at the default properties in PM from the dropdown box under print marks, it does not have the graphtec auto 2 or am I missing something here. Still confused at to why the registration mark wont print.

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 230