• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Gerber edge and gerber gsxplus system

dustin baldwin

Looking to sell my gerber system. I have a gerber edge along with the gerber gsxplus plotter both work flawlessly and have been well kept. I just don't use them enough and need the space.. what is a fair price for today's market for a system like this? Located in the mid Nebraska area.

Jburns

Hello,
What version of the Gerber Edge, is print head missing any pixels, can you provide a test print of Block 11.8 inches tall, - is Omega software ( what version CP) included, are foils included...this would help designate a value. communication cables, both rollers, eyepiece for registration

dustin baldwin

For some reason I am unable to upload any photos if you have an email I could email you some..to the vest of my knolage it's the edge 1. I'm not to familiar with the edge systems I got it when I purchased a sign business that had closed and have been figuring things out with it along the way and have done a lot of smaller sign jobs and it has been amazing. I just don't use it enough to justify keeping. I'm running it off of flexisign 12 print and cut. It's does not have the eye piece for the plotter. I do have around 15 foils for it along with the media rollers and the tensioner

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
One can identify the Edge model by knowing the cabinet color and whether it opens from the front or the side.

dustin baldwin

Hello,
What version of the Gerber Edge, is print head missing any pixels, can you provide a test print of Block 11.8 inches tall, - is Omega software ( what version CP) included, are foils included...this would help designate a value. communication cables, both rollers, eyepiece for registration
One can identify the Edge model by knowing the cabinet color and whether it opens from the front or the side.
I would call it almost a off white.. if you are looking at the key pad the machine has a black lift handle to the upper left and opens from there..the model is a ftp300

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What you have is the original Trunion or Classic model. It has minimal value because there is no service, parts or support available any longer. If you sell it, look around to see if you have the original factory box and printhead locking clamps. Otherwise damage to the printhead is not unusual and is several thousand dollars to repair if you can even get a repair.

dustin baldwin

I apologize for the delayed reply bit thank you for all the input. Fred Weiss I don't have the original packaging case nor the print head locks neither came with when I purchased. So I guess with that said what would be a respectable asking price for its condition given that there are no issues with it ?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I apologize for the delayed reply bit thank you for all the input. Fred Weiss I don't have the original packaging case nor the print head locks neither came with when I purchased. So I guess with that said what would be a respectable asking price for its condition given that there are no issues with it ?

A total guess would be around $500.00. Perhaps an ebay auction sale would be your best bet.

Marlene

without the head locks and the box it came in, there's a very good chance of it getting trashed when shipped or moved any distance. make sure you make that clear to those who might want to buy it.

JoySigns

Its value is so low that I would personally keep it. There are some printing projects that Edges are still the best choice. I'm in Nebraska too, but have no interest in it as I have an Edge 2.