• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge/Flexi Help Needed

My old Edge has been running great, up until I got a new computer. The first time I loaded Flexi on the computer and ran the Edge everything was fine. The second time I had to fiddle with it for an hour to get it to print. Now I can’t get it to do anything. I only have two USB ports, but Flexi is only showing “USB001” when I set up the printer, and when I got to my hardware settings it shows the Gerber cable is in “port 2 hub 5”. When I click print, it RIPs and sends but the printer never gets it. If I go into devices and printers it shows where the file is in “printer for usb001” and the computer is treating it as an XPS printer. So, I’m guessing my problem has something to do with the fact that my USB ports aren’t showing up in Flexi?

Jburns

yes, I would think so. USB001 is a generic printer port. But I would think when that is selected in Flexi, it would run it. If everything looks good in production manager, my guess is the issue is on the Device manager side-- primary printer, or some other setting.

So Flexi shows USB as an option for the edge? I have 11, and I thought it showed Parallel port only.

USB001 has always ran it in the past. It does give the option to run it as a USB, which is what I’ve always done with a parallel cord with very few issues. For some reason it’s just not sending the data to the right place. When it rips and prints it sends it to the windows print spooler, which isn’t right. I just don’t know how to correct that.

tlgsurvey

I was wondering how you ended up getting it connected USB001 or LPT1: I Just installed Flexi 12 and setup my Edge2 with LPT1: using the USB to Parallel cord supplied by gerber. It worked the first time but the next time I RIP it gives me trouble opening port error.