• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge FX - Fatal Error 624

A Signstore Inc

To set things up. I've had continous problems with this machine. Most have been fixed, some haven't. I believe it's just this particular machine that is a "lemon" and not all Gerber products.

I'm trying to find out if anyone knows what a "Fatal Error 624" is. When I send a job from gsplot, it sends fine and even shows up on the display screen. Once I put the machine online, that's when the error come up.
My machine is down becasue of this and I can not print anything.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

A Signstore Inc

Got a call back from Advantage Tech Support on this. It has to do with the temp of the print head being to low. Im my situation, it appears to be that the Data Cable has been damaged and is not transfering information back and forth. I'll update as things progress.

thewvsignguy

Keep us updated Jay. If you need anything that we can print for you just give me a call. I assume that your behind on your films.

Tony Teveris

Error 624 is indicating that the printhead is under its minimum temperature.
This is probably a printhead issue. The problem is probably with the thermistor
on the printhead.

If you go to the WEB page of the FX ( Windows explorer and type the ip address)

Select the following
Diagnostics
Input/Output
Analog Inputs

In the right side you will see TPH TEMP value, this is the head tempature - I would think if the printer is just turned on sitting there the temp should be around 23-24 C

If it shows something really out of whack that would indicate a problem.

A Signstore Inc

As it turns out, it was not the print head. It was the Data cable that had gone bad. Normaly your suggestion probably would have been spot on, but there were previous issues with this machine that pointed us in that direction. Thank you to Kip from Advantage Tech Support for spending the time on the phone with me to figure out this problem.

It's nice to have my machine up and running again, but I still say this particular machine is a Lemon. Over the past 6 or so years I've replaced: 1 mother board, 1 print head, 1 power suply, 1 data cable (I believe the zip ties were put on to tightly at production) and 3 Z-axis motors.

Gerber machines as a whole are great. Due to some bad experiences on the phone, Gerber Tech Support leaves a little to be desired, and my Gerber Edge FX, well, it's a POS.

afinn35

Z Axis

I replaced a z axis motor and a year later it was malfunctioning. Gerber has a bulletin that specifies Lubriplate DS-ES Part # LO 137-086. Had a heck of a time finding it but finally got a single small tube from Whisler Bearing in Denver. So far it has been working great.