• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge Fx service in Southern California

artofacks1

Can anyone recommend a Gerber Edge FX service technician in Southern California?

Gerber is trying to charge me $75 upfront just to talk to a technician. They don’t even know if they can fix the problem.

I swear I need to find another print system to make helmet decals. Gerber is terrible with customer service.

Ready

Ready To Go
Can anyone recommend a Gerber Edge FX service technician in Southern California?

Gerber is trying to charge me $75 upfront just to talk to a technician. They don’t even know if they can fix the problem.

I swear I need to find another print system to make helmet decals. Gerber is terrible with customer service.

Try this store.... Lots of experience with Gerber....

The Plotter Doctor, LLC
8410 Somerset Blvd, Paramount, CA 90723
Phone: (562) 633-4132 Fax: (562) 531-1184
jdpartin@flash.net

Bob P...

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
My experience with Gerber support has always been first rate.
Needed help just last week with my first generation Edge.
75.00 isn't excessive IMO.

We have also used The Plotter Doctor with good results.

Our first piece of Gerber equipment was a Signmaker 3 in 1983.

Joe House

If I take my truck into the dealership because it isn't running right, they charge me to look at it. I don't remember what it was last time, but probably around $75.
If you don't want to pay for expert advice, why don't you post the symptoms here rather than complain about someone else's business model. I'm sure you'll get advice here that's at least worth what you pay for.

artofacks1

Right, but the dealer isnt charging you upfront to talk to you. They want to charge me $75 and don't even know the problem or even have a backstory of what I need.

Imagine I charge you just to ask me if I can change your muffler.

artofacks1

My experience with support has been very poor. 4 issues and they couldn't help with any. I then searched the internet and found bits and pieces to troubleshoot and figured it out on my own.

I am willing to pay the $75 but I would expect a conversation about the issue I am having first. I don't want the answer or details of what to do to fix it. I just want confirmation that it's something they can help me with before I pay.

signage

Who are you trying to talk to? Gerber answers the phone for me and never charges, now if you start trying to get information on a problem or how something works that is different! Like what was said if you want to try to fix it yourself ask here what the problem is and maybe someone can help you!

artofacks1

I called gerber and told them I am having problems with my machine. The foil is sticking and its very random and can not pin point why. The material hasn't changed and the foil hasn't.

Lady said we will have a technician call you so you can further explain your issues. It will be a $75 fee and can we please have a credit card number.

signage

There you go you are going to be talking to a technician he they charge to talk to them. they may be able to tell you what to do to fix or they may then give an estimate for them to repair it!