• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber edge II silver and red combinaison

bigben

I have a gerber edge II with omega 6. I've never use the spectratone or combine color. I would like to create someking of a red mettalic color. Can I match silver with a red to acheive this? If yes, how to I proceed in the software?

Thanks.

Billct2

My spectratone chart shows silver over reds as a pastel color, not really a metallic red. The Spectratone setting is in the same box wher you assign regular edge colors, under the color swatch on the right side selcct the arrow next to "Gerber Standard Foil Palette" and change to Spectratone. If you have transparent red foil try printing that on silver metallic vinyl, that may work.

bigben

My spectratone chart shows silver over reds as a pastel color, not really a metallic red. The Spectratone setting is in the same box wher you assign regular edge colors, under the color swatch on the right side selcct the arrow next to "Gerber Standard Foil Palette" and change to Spectratone. If you have transparent red foil try printing that on silver metallic vinyl, that may work.

got it! I saw it in the software. I was just hopping to get the color. I don't have any transparent foil and the job is not big enouph to justify buying a cartidge.

What if I print red on a reflective vinyl or silver vinyl? Does the red foils is too opaque to let the reflective/silver shining threw it?

Jburns

I have silver, silver medal and red transparent if you want me to test for you. You can PM me the file, but I am out of town - cant print until next week.

bigben

I have silver, silver medal and red transparent if you want me to test for you. You can PM me the file, but I am out of town - cant print until next week.

I don't have any design yet and did not present this to my customer yet. But If you have the opportunity to make some test with text printed on clear, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Jburns

Here are my results. The overprint on silver medal - middle one didn't do full overprint for some reason.
Honestly none are really that special, or pop- out. Trans red over silver looks decent.

The true Red medal would look the best if you want the chrome look.

Attachments

• IMG_8202.jpg
    IMG_8202.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_8201.jpg
    IMG_8201.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_8200.jpg
    IMG_8200.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 124

bigben

Here are my results. The overprint on silver medal - middle one didn't do full overprint for some reason.
Honestly none are really that special, or pop- out. Trans red over silver looks decent.

The true Red medal would look the best if you want the chrome look.

Thanks. I was hopping for something better. I think I will just contour cut red reflextive then. Thanks again.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Funny you should mention this. I'm actually redoing some boat graphics for a customer that wasn't happy with our red foil printed on metallic silver. It turned it too "pink".

Sigh............. lesson learned. Don't do personal projects for people with $50k outboards.