• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge power supply

Will308decals

my gerber edge 2 is still not working. It will not turn on. I called gerber and they said I needed to set up an account and it needs to be activated before I talk to a technician. It has still not been activated and I need to start getting orders done ASAP. I have another gerber edge 2 that starts up fine but the print head is shot. We think it is the power supply that is the problem, the silver box under the right panel, can I switch the power supply on the two edges? One edge has a sticker with numbers on the side of the power supply saying 22.2 and another has 23.4. Does that matter? Can I switch them out?

FunkotronXL

Yes and no. It should require a similar calibrating process that is done when swapping a printhead. Power supply values correspond to the resistance value on the printhead (which are relatively different on each printhead) and should require calibration using a multimeter.

I have not done this myself but there are others on this forum who have, Hielorojo comes to mind.

Titch Sanders

Dare you change printheads to the one that does power up?
It is said to be risky business I know, but some folk have done it... again I appreciate the concern is the PSU details etc, but..is it worth a try?
Or can anyone in your part of the world, trustingly help you out with some of your work inhand to keep things moving?
Titch

Jburns

If they are both Edge 2 units, you should be able to switch them. The OHMS on the head determines the voltage coming out, of the two large cables heading to the head. and there is a POT screw that you can adjust this.
What is the OHMS rate on the head on the unit with the bad power supply?

Will308decals

If they are both Edge 2 units, you should be able to switch them. The OHMS on the head determines the voltage coming out, of the two large cables heading to the head. and there is a POT screw that you can adjust this.
What is the OHMS rate on the head on the unit with the bad power supply?
Just checked the printers, the one with the good power supply and the bad print head has an OHMS # of 1334 and the printer with the good print head and the bad power supply has a number of 1448. Which means that the colts coming out of the 1334 printer is 19.4 and the volts coming out of the 1448 printer is 20.2 correct? Can’t I change the bolts and switch the power supply?