• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge Printhead Needed

MarkH42

We have a Gerber Edge FX with a printhead pixel starting to go out. We have had this problem with an Edge, Edge II and with the Edge FX about 3-4 times in the past 12 years and I have always been able to avoid the absurd (to me at least) process and expense for buying one from Gerber. Between the $500 box, another $400 of freight both ways, the $2900 printhead and (most importantly) being without it for a few weeks, I have chosen to simply buy a used machine or, in one lucky case, buy a new printhead from someone on this forum who bought one and never used it. It lasted for 2-3 years and really helped us out. So, before I bite the bullet, might anyone have a new or slightly used printhead sitting in an older Edge 1 or 2 they aren't using anymore? A good samaritan sent me the voltage calibration procedure, so installation is not an issue. Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

natallica

Graphics Guru
We have a Gerber Edge FX with a printhead pixel starting to go out. We have had this problem with an Edge, Edge II and with the Edge FX about 3-4 times in the past 12 years and I have always been able to avoid the absurd (to me at least) process and expense for buying one from Gerber. Between the $500 box, another $400 of freight both ways, the $2900 printhead and (most importantly) being without it for a few weeks, I have chosen to simply buy a used machine or, in one lucky case, buy a new printhead from someone on this forum who bought one and never used it. It lasted for 2-3 years and really helped us out. So, before I bite the bullet, might anyone have a new or slightly used printhead sitting in an older Edge 1 or 2 they aren't using anymore? A good samaritan sent me the voltage calibration procedure, so installation is not an issue. Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
Getting prepared to do a swap on 2 of our Edge II's
...wanna share that voltage calibration procedure, or any other info you may have?...it would be greatly appreciated.