• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge Pulling Vinyl

atkinsonsigns

We are having trouble with our Edge (older version) pulling the vinyl and then the printing is off when it is cut with the plotter. Has anyone had a problem like this before? We can't figure out what the issue is. It doesn't happen all the time and seems like it happens during longer runs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Have you checked to make sure there isn't a buildup of gunk on the material feed sprockets in the Edge? Mine had a pretty bad buildup and it caused it to be out of alignment and sometimes the material would even skip off the pins. Other than that I don't know what could be the problem, I'm sure some of the others will chime in.

Marlene

how are you feeding the vinyl into the Edge? is the vinyl on a roller? are you letting the Edge pull it from the roll or do you pull loose a few feet?

ReiberGraphix

we have that problem when we use the 3m version of the 15" vinyls. the hole pattern is slightly different when compared to the gerber branded stuff and it rip the holes a little and blows the multi color registration as well as the cut alignment. we have to request our supplier gets actual gerber branded vinyl and even that is off sometimes. all we here from everyone is we re the on;y ones having that problem.

atkinsonsigns

Have you checked to make sure there isn't a buildup of gunk on the material feed sprockets in the Edge? Mine had a pretty bad buildup and it caused it to be out of alignment and sometimes the material would even skip off the pins. Other than that I don't know what could be the problem, I'm sure some of the others will chime in.

Thanks for the quick response! We have cleaned the sprockets several times.

we have that problem when we use the 3m version of the 15" vinyls. the hole pattern is slightly different when compared to the gerber branded stuff and it rip the holes a little and blows the multi color registration as well as the cut alignment. we have to request our supplier gets actual gerber branded vinyl and even that is off sometimes. all we here from everyone is we re the on;y ones having that problem.

I have had that problem with the 220 vinyl. If I'm printing more than a couple colors it will actually destroy the holes in the paper liner because they are so far off. I just figured I got a bad batch.

atkinsonsigns

We use oracal 351 and we did return a roll once because of the hole pattern being off, but it only seems to happen sporadically. Some labels will run fine and then some will be off. We even thought it was possibly the foil. So now there are 2 of us that have this problem. It's quite frustrating and has cost us time and money. Wish we could figure it out! Thanks for the input!

Marlene

We use oracal 351 and we did return a roll once because of the hole pattern being off, but it only seems to happen sporadically. Some labels will run fine and then some will be off. We even thought it was possibly the foil. So now there are 2 of us that have this problem. It's quite frustrating and has cost us time and money. Wish we could figure it out! Thanks for the input!

do you have any Gerber vinyl? if so, run a short test to see if it does the same thing with the Gerber hole punch pattern as it may be the holes are off just a little on the Oracal