• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge running on flexisign 10 windows 7 empty evenly spaced bard on print?

Dan Thomas

Hello, Recently purchased an antique Gerber with plotter, no Cd or dongles, it set up with Flexi with a generic parallel to usb as printer, could not get original cables to work properly. so it does print, BUT ......Help?
edge print 1.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You are in demo mode on Flexi. You need to go into the Flexi install manager and type in the password for the software and it will switch to full mode.

Dan Thomas

password is registered in install manager.............no problems for vinyl cutting with and printing with my Summa hmm , I winpcsign 2014 but dont think it uses gerber , I will check too.

Jburns

I am guessing that your copy of Flexi 10 does not have a dongle? Its most likely in Demo mode as VanderJ pointed out above. The same thing happened to me years ago when I bought a cutter and computer used. There are several non legit copies of 10 out there.

And honestly, If you plan to use the edge frequently, Omega runs the Edge much better IMO ( foil temperatures, workflows, Bleed, traps etc).

Dan Thomas

I did buy all as a package with another cutter, I have no Dongle.Must just be a Demo version. Thanks for the help, I cannot find a early version of Omega reasonably priced, I was quoted 1900 CAD from NDGraphics in town for 6.5. I'm new to all these Sign making ideas, do it for fun so far. I did find a original version of the Gerber Edge with Omega 2.6 for 900 CAD, Don't think he will sell only the software.

Dan Thomas

I am guessing that your copy of Flexi 10 does not have a dongle? Its most likely in Demo mode as VanderJ pointed out above. The same thing happened to me years ago when I bought a cutter and computer used. There are several non legit copies of 10 out there.

And honestly, If you plan to use the edge frequently, Omega runs the Edge much better IMO ( foil temperatures, workflows, Bleed, traps etc).
Ldo you have any older versions of omega available to buy? Tried sign lab demo and not understanding too well