• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge software

Fast Trax

I recently picked up a Gerber Edge but have no software to run the machine. I currently use a Roland PC-60 and use Corel Draw but I have no idea what the most inexpensive software I can use to get this thing up and running on a Windows XP platform.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
There are just three apps that i know of that can run the Edge:

• Gerber Omega
  • FlexiSign Pro
  • SignLab with Thermal Module
Different users will tend to prefer the one they use. All three work. None are on the low end price wise.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Buy an older (used) copy of Gerber Omega? Make sure it's a version that can run it.

if you do this...make sure you get the dongle and have it transferred to your name with gerber themselves...otherwise you'll have a hassle on your hands if you lose it and need to replace it...

also, make sure you get the proper version of composer....there are two versions if my memory serves me right...a cut only version and a print/cut version...

if you get the cut only version you wont be able to use the edge with the software.... double check me on this though

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
if you do this...make sure you get the dongle and have it transferred to your name with gerber themselves...otherwise you'll have a hassle on your hands if you lose it and need to replace it...

also, make sure you get the proper version of composer....there are two versions if my memory serves me right...a cut only version and a print/cut version...

if you get the cut only version you wont be able to use the edge with the software.... double check me on this though

There is also a design station version that does it all but can't output to the Edge. of the two production versions, Omega CP will drive the Edge and Omega CS is limited to just cutting.

smdgrfx

You can look for an older version of Gerber software than someone might have laying around. Or older version of Signlab for that matter. Gerber Graphix Advantage 6.0. You can do 95% of everything Omega 3.0 can do with GA 6.0. PM me if you have questions. I may have an older copy I'm not using anymore.

Joalflyer

Original Gerber Edge software

You can look for an older version of Gerber software than someone might have laying around. Or older version of Signlab for that matter. Gerber Graphix Advantage 6.0. You can do 95% of everything Omega 3.0 can do with GA 6.0. PM me if you have questions. I may have an older copy I'm not using anymore.

If you or anyone on here has any old Gerber software to operate my Edge thermal printer, I will buy a copy with dongle key. Perhaps an old Graphics Advantage disc or early Omega version CP like 2.5, let me know. Thanks all.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working

James Burke

Can Gerber software be transferred? :help I've never looked up the EULA info for this but I'm just curious.

We've got a drawer full of GA and Omega discs and dongles if it's kosher to sell and transfer ownership.

We have an old GA dongle that we have been allowed to turn in to get the special pricing on Omega 5 CP. The dongle came in a box of things we purchased from a sign company and we didn't have to go through a transfer of ownership (re-registration) to validate it. I gave them (Advantage Sign Supply) the serial number over the telephone and then mailed the dongle to them so they could hook it up to a computer and verify the license files.

I think the only issue would be if somebody upgraded and kept the old dongle (which they would be charged for). Then, that dongle would not be eligible for upgrading.

JB

Can Gerber software be transferred? :help I've never looked up the EULA info for this but I'm just curious.

We've got a drawer full of GA and Omega discs and dongles if it's kosher to sell and transfer ownership.

Hi Pat:

If you write down or just put all the dongles out in front of you, call Gerber tech support 800-828-5406, you can simply run through the serial numbers with them to find out if the dongles are good. The serial numbers will reveal what version they are, what level they are (CS-cut only, CP-cut and print), and whether they have been upgraded (rendering the key useless) or not. You don't want to buy or sell a useless key. Those belong in the round file.

To transfer ownership, the buyer can call GSP claiming to be the new owner, but it's a courteous action for the seller to take.

Occasionally we will get a call from someone who purchased a used system, only to find out that the dongle is a "Layout Station" for design only... Oops. So for those of you who want to buy used, it's a good idea to get the software serial number and make the call. Don't forget... depending on what version you end up with, it may or may not work on the Win OS that you are looking to install it on. If it doesn't work, you will have to upgrade to 5.0 to use Omega on the newer OS.

I hope that's helpful.
Doug Goodloe

James Burke

:goodpost:

Remind your Gerber vendor that the special offer is for Omega 5 CP (print/cut)...regardless of whether or not your old copy of GA was print/cut. This is a limited time offer, however, Gerber does not say how long. Obviously, layout station (if it was even available in GA) would be disqualified from this offer.

http://www.gspinc.com/omega

Upgrades

Upgrades from GRAPHIX ADVANTAGE™ to OMEGA 5.0

Are you still using GRAPHIX ADVANTAGE? You will be amazed at the new features and functions available in OMEGA 5.0. Improved raster to vector, ReAction edting tools, soft shadows, new shadows and bevels, multiple undos, virtually unlimited shapes in files, text on the worksurface, improved import and export, the ability to copy and paste from other programs, thousands of fonts, and much more. Get more design and more output from the same work day with Gerber OMEGA.

For a limited time, all GRAPHIX ADVANTAGE upgrades will get OMEGA CP at no extra charge!