• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber EdgeII Data Error

Ditchmiester

Hello to all,

I am pretty new to using the Gerber Edge II that my company has (only been using it regularly for about 3 months) and last week we upgraded to Omega Version 4.0 and now when I try to run any job that is over about 4 feet in length part of the way through it I get an error in the GQMGR and then it gives me the option to either restart or terminate and the Gerber Edge II just stops printing until I press one of the two options it gives me. I have tried just hitting restart and then I get a "Data Error 3" on the edge and then I am pretty much out of the material that I have already printed on. I was wondering if anyone has any idea of what would be causing this problem and also is it something to do with upgrading to version 4.0 of Omega. I can't recall ever having this problem when I was using Version 2.61. Thank you in advance for any help you guys can provide.

Marlene

his happens to me too from time to time. the only way I have been able to get it to work is to make a spool file and print from that. some times even that doesn't work so I shut down everything, computer & Edge and when I restart it all and send the same file, it works.

another thing that helped was Tony from Gerber had me:

right click on my computer

properties/settings

advanced/visual settings

advanced

virtual memory change

intital size 3900
max size 4500