• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber EnVision 375 plotter noise

Sam Pischieri

I just installed a new head carriage on my Envision 375. I callibrated the head per the instructions, but now my plotter makes a loud droning noise when it is processing a cut job. Any ideas why? Thanks.

Sam Pischieri

It almost sounds like a low pitched whine. Imagine the noise the old dial up modems made, just a bit lower pitched. Thought it might be a gear or motor problem, but it doesn't do it throughout the whole job. It lasts for about 10 seconds or so after the pull-down and then starts running quietly once again. Everything is cutting OK, but we are just worried that this could be a sign something is starting to go bad.

David Wright

I have only had mine about 7 months and it has done that as well. Just for a few seconds after a plot is done or maybe moving the head. Goes away and doesn't affect the job or performance in any way.

Sam Pischieri

That is good to know. Ours has always been noisy, but it was wierd that it got remarkably louder directly following the install of the new head carriage, and that it makes that noise even if it is not moving. Thanks for all the input, though.

The Equipment Guy

I have sold dozens of Envisions, and they all have a slightly different "voice" sometimes they decide to whine continuously and if you give them a little tap on the head they stop. Yes, I was an awful parent.

Craig

Rusty B

I know this post is very old but I ran across it while having the same issue. Cutter works awesome and it wounds like teeth grinding. Well my only solution was take my finger and raise the blade manually all the way to the top. It stops it until I make a cut then it goes back to doing it but it is worth trying if you hate that noise as much as I do!