• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Envision 750 Cutting Issues??

hojoey

My gerber envision cuts sandblast resist rubber and vinyl perfectly at first and after a while it randomly jumps ahead and cuts unpredictable and just a letter here and there.
My only idea may be that the information isnt getting communicated between the plotter and the computer??
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Russell J. Bean

I'm not sure, but maybe turn your speed down? It could be that the speed is to fast and it's not cutting evenly. I have had this problem with vinyl. Where it left almost one whole side uncut, but you can see the cut mark. I slowed the speed down in the output screen from Omega, and changed the downforce.

platinumyama32

I was googling info on envision375 cutting inconsistencies and came across this post - i knew the answer to your questions, so i signed up to the forum just to reply.

when you're performing your file setup, the envision will cut based on your layer order. the files located the most toward the bottom of your layer order will cut first.
when I am running a file, i go through and hand-select each cut shape, and arrange them in the order that I want them cut, just so the envision doesn't cut erratically like you mentioned.

you can make a test file and verify if you'd like...
let's say you want to cut the word GERBER, but you want it to start at the "R" and cut backwards toward the G. arrange the layers accordingly:

(LAYER 1)
G
E
R
B
E
R (< bottom cuts first)