• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber File Extension - Recovered file not opening in Composer

Tattoosleeve

Hey everybody.,

Long story short I had a file that was deleted from my desktop and put in the recycle bin and then the recycle bin was emptied. I was able to use some data recovery software to locate the file and recover it BUT now when I try and open the file it says it's not a Gerber .PLT file. It was originally and it still does have the .plt extension. Has anyone run across this and found a way to tell the program to open it and/or adjust something in the file to make it readible again?

Thanks in advance

timgo

Graphics Designer
Remove the software and install it again.

Hey everybody.,

Long story short I had a file that was deleted from my desktop and put in the recycle bin and then the recycle bin was emptied. I was able to use some data recovery software to locate the file and recover it BUT now when I try and open the file it says it's not a Gerber .PLT file. It was originally and it still does have the .plt extension. Has anyone run across this and found a way to tell the program to open it and/or adjust something in the file to make it readible again?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Remove the software and install it again.