• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber + flexi= smooth gradient?

Coban

I can not seem to get a smooth gradient with my Gerber Edge. I'm using Flexi and the gradients have very noticeable steps(looks terrible). I'm using single spot color gradients and they just suck. Any tips or tricks?

Graphics2u

I had this problem as well on a Mutoh. I really think it a Flexi issue though. If you are using athe eyedropper tool to grab the color from a graidient, that could be the problem. I've found it helps to save the gradient as a color swatch then apply the colors from your color palette.

Sometimes I think what is happening is the number of steps that make up the gradient are determined by the size of the object you are applying the color to. Then if the the eydropper is used to pick the color for a larger object the number of steps is too few for that size, thus they show up more.

I don't know this for sure but it seems to make sense.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Production Manager > Job Properties > Color Management Tab > Dither (Choose One) > Edit

The lower the frequency, the lower the LPI (Lines Per Inch). The lower the LPI, the larger are the halftone dots but the less the tendency to show banding. The higher the LPI, the smaller the halftone dots but the greater the tendency to show banding. Reduce the LPI for each color and test print. Stop when you're happy with the results.