• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gerber graphix advantage serial

netsol

Premium Subscriber
a couple years back, I bought a pair of gerber edge's (older ones) with a terribly old pc,
we never fired up the pc, but I did keep the parallel port dongles.if memory serves me, it was probably
windows 98, has anyone managed to get gerber to cross the numbers on the dongles and get a serial for the software?

we use flexi (monthly subscription) , but I would like to be able to run the older gerber software in a vm.
I know I can pay for the gerber upgrade to the current version, but I don't think I want it that much.

timgo

Graphics Designer
a couple years back, I bought a pair of gerber edge's (older ones) with a terribly old pc,
we never fired up the pc, but I did keep the parallel port dongles.if memory serves me, it was probably
windows 98, has anyone managed to get gerber to cross the numbers on the dongles and get a serial for the software?

we use flexi (monthly subscription) , but I would like to be able to run the older gerber software in a vm.
I know I can pay for the gerber upgrade to the current version, but I don't think I want it that much.
I

Installing OMEGA 2.6 software for New Users and GRAPHIX ADVANTAGE

Installation Process:
♦ Connect the OMEGA 2.6 USB security key.
♦ Install OMEGA 2.6 software.
♦ Restart the computer to ensure communication with the GERBER EDGE 2.
♦ Configure the Sentinel System Driver.
♦ Install Fonts and Device Profiles.
Note: If your keyboard accelerators are hidden, do one of the following procedures to display them. The procedures assume that Control Panel is in Category View rather than Classic View. Windows 2000 - Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display > Effects. Turn off the check box Hide keyboard navigation indicators until I use the Alt key.

Windows XP - Click Start > Control Panel > Appearance > Effects button. Turn off the check box Hide underlined letters for keyboard navigation until I press the Alt key. Windows Vista – Start > Control Panel > Ease of Access Center > Make the keyboard easier to use > Make it easier to use keyboard shortcuts and access keys. Turn on the check box for Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys.

To install OMEGA 2.6 software, (which is provided on a CD); use a CD-ROM drive for the installation on a computer which is running Windows 2000, XP, or Vista. You must be logged on as an Administrator to install software. Your kit contains the OMEGA 2.6 installation CD.
Although screen prompts guide you through the installation, we recommend reviewing the installation process in the next few pages prior to installation. You may also wish to review

information in:
♦ Chapter Three: Adding Output Devices – if you have a Gerber Sabre™ router and you need to update the firmware.
♦ Chapter Six: HPGL Plotter Installation - if you are using a plotter which is not
listed in the install screen. (Many different plotters are referred to as HPGL plotters because they use the HPGL standard command set to communicate. See page 80.)
♦ Chapter Seven: Networking Devices - if you are using printers over a network