• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Ion Error 281??

FutureSigns

We have been having issues with our Gerber Ion for the past couple weeks. It all started with ghosting on the prints. We replaced the flex cable that runs between the gantry board and carriage board. Made the ghosting go away some but not totally. Next we replaced the encoder strip. All seemed to be working perfect last week. When I came in yesterday, Monday morning, the Ion seemed to be locked up. The screen was reading Printer Ready but it wouldn't slew the gantry or do anything. I powered it down and unplugged. After plugging it back in it seemed to work fine. I was able to clean it and print a couple nozzle outs. When I went back to it a couple hours later to print a job it was locked up again. Technician suggested we reseat the USb cable that goes into the keyboard. Seemed to work for a moment but now all I get when powering up is Error 281??? :banghead: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

madmat276

was anyone able to find a service manual for the Gerber Ion x and also what the error code 281 stand for? i am having the same issue as listed

Johnny Riddle

We have been having issues with our Gerber Ion for the past couple weeks. It all started with ghosting on the prints. We replaced the flex cable that runs between the gantry board and carriage board. Made the ghosting go away some but not totally. Next we replaced the encoder strip. All seemed to be working perfect last week. When I came in yesterday, Monday morning, the Ion seemed to be locked up. The screen was reading Printer Ready but it wouldn't slew the gantry or do anything. I powered it down and unplugged. After plugging it back in it seemed to work fine. I was able to clean it and print a couple nozzle outs. When I went back to it a couple hours later to print a job it was locked up again. Technician suggested we reseat the USb cable that goes into the keyboard. Seemed to work for a moment but now all I get when powering up is Error 281??? :banghead: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did anyone ever find what error 281 means ? I have the same issue