• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Omega 5.0 import problem.

stayonstickers

Hope anyone can help me import my AI files in Omega - when they are drawn with clipping mask? When I do, the clipping mask are repealed so all the graphics are inside the Omega program. What do you do there? Is there a specific setting that makes the clipping mask remain?
See illustrations for more info:
I draw a print in Illustrator with clippingmask.

1-01.jpg

I import the print file in Gerber Omega 5.0

2-01.jpg

After the import in Gerber Omega 5.0 – Shows all lines and graphics in the document alt it seems like Gerber Omega 5.0 has released the Clipping mask from Adobe Illustrator.

3-01.jpg

What do you do to prevent this? Is there a function that can get clipping-mask back so that the printer only prints what is necessary?

Tony Teveris

In Omega if you hit the F8 is the data still outside the clipping path shown? Also, under the select menu item are you able to select clipping paths? You can email me the AI file if you want and I'll look at it.

In "wireframe" draw mode the clipping path is shown as a grey outline and you can see all the vectors (nothing clipped).

omgsideburns

Gerber Omega never imports clipping paths properly for me either... but we run omega 2.. lol.

I usually just simply all of my graphics down to the bare minimum. Eliminate clipping paths (do an overlap weld/pathfinder), etc.

omgsideburns

sideburns, upgrade, I still have a mortgage to pay off.

Ha! Gerber makes plenty of money off of our foils and printer service. We have a license for each of our three gerber printers so one of them is probably newer. If we actually designed in Omega it would be a different story, but it's not a big part of our work flow.

(Sorry for spamming up your thread..)

Tony Teveris

In Omega 5 we do support importing of clipping paths. Some of the crazy things that happen with PDF/AI/EPS imports (GSP 2.5 as Vectors) is we are using GhostScript which is really a image (page) render so when the original data is processed through the GS engine it breaks a lot of high level components into simpler ones and sometimes even changes the ending image. The Gerber GS driver catches these simpler components and tries to recreate a vector file the best it can. Maybe not the best approach but it works 95% of the time. GS is quite a beast to follow internally. One does not appreciate the "hoops" I've gone through to rebuild a job. Pure PITA.