• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber plotter, diminsion 200 to buy

Jburns

I have a GSX-15 ( fair condition) and copy of Omega 6.0CP with new dongle ( new unused) I may be selling in coming weeks.

Christian @ 2CT Media

New is not better...most new manufactured items are made in china junk ..i just bought a used gerber 200 ... paid only 300$ for it....the 2in thick alum tslot table is worth way more than that ...go price a 2in thick machined alum plate with t slots 40inx40in...i bet its $500-1000...it came with 22 top load engraving bits too...yes the controller is dated but a new controller only cost $50.....so anyone who says why someone wants to buy an old inexpensive gerber 200 needs to price somethimg new with similar quality im sure it would be 20k plus....so buying a gerber 200 and retrofitiing would save thousands of dollars and get a much better built machine than anything made in china
We just bought a new Multicam, made in the USA for 1,000x what you paid but it is also is light-years more advanced and efficient. Granted it all depends on where you are at in business. I asked the question simply because I am inquisitive and trying to see if I'm missing concepts in this business.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yes, I know that the machines don't compare, you used a blanket statement and I answered with a comparitive.

Beyond that, I can guarantee that even $20,000 machines will outpace the Dimension. Pair that with the very limited bed size of the dimension series, you also have other problems. It's unsupported now, and would require adaption to be brought to modern standards.

Just because you got a great deal on a machine, it still doesn't mean it's the best decision for the business you are after. At some point you have to ask yourself are you an equipment technician or a signmaker?

Christian @ 2CT Media

You may be correct however im not a business nor is everyone not everyone needs a fancy ridiculously industrywide overpriced 50-100k machine and a cnc engraver router is not just for making signs...fact is there is nothing made today that i can buy for $300 ( same size) that can match the old gerber in quality / sturdiness.
If your not a business then you don't belong here? This is for industry professionals and business owners, not hobbyists.

And our choice of over priced equipment produces $10,000 of varying jobs a day from routing to vinyl cutting. It is a multifunction tool that is the heartbeat of production in our company. I couldn't rely on a 20+ year old piece of tech to do that efficiently.