• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Gerber Plotter w/ UV LED Printing

FunkotronXL

Has anybody successfully setup a print using a UV LED printer to then plot it with a Gerber? Always had a pipe dream to reverse print using a flatbed printer on polycarbonate and do the plot using a GS 15 Plus. Tangential blades are king in my shop.

Reasons: better CMYK prints, PSA masking options, possibly more polycarbonate varieties (and cheaper coatings if coated at all)

If not: anybody open to a hypothetical discussion?

Seen a handful of comments in older threads. Best guess is using a template and a jig to hold the material to the flatbed to avoid skewing.

Most larger polycarbonate prints I see are still traditional screen printing only. Any other systems out there that go beyond Gerber's ~11.8" print height with similar capabilities?

I have minimal hands-on experience with UV LED printers so if this is crazy please educate me on how it isn't possible, or if there is a better system already out there.

If this isn't the right board to post this to I apologize in advance.