• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Sabre 404 Router

VinylProfit

Don't let the price fool you! This is a fully functioning Gerber Sabre 404 Flatbed CNC router with computer, software and accessories. I love this machine so much that I upgraded to a Gerber Sabre 408. This one operator machine was purchased new in the late 90's. The machine is priced to sell because I don't have a large enough facility to house multiple routers. This is an opportunity to own a CNC router for the price of a good used vinyl plotter. The Gerber Sabre routers feature lead-screw drives on the X,Y and Z axis. This creates extremely accurate tolerances and minimal maintenance. This Gerber Sabre 404 uses a standard style Porter Cable rebuild-able high speed router (not the 3 phase spindle motor) and will require only one 240V outlet. This machine does "NOT" include a vacuum pump.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gerber-Sab...671508?hash=item33ee334cd4:g:6ycAAOSwOZtbOCBE

See this machine in action at

See Gerber Technologies website for more details on the Gerber Sabre 404.
http://gspinc.com/sabre

Included:
Gerber Sabre 404 router
Gerber Sabre 404 Control Box
Windows XP Computer w/ monitor
Gerber Graphix Advantage 6.2 Software
Gerber Art Path Software
Table Clamps
Collar wrenches
Miscellaneous straight cut and V-carved router bits.

$2500.00 - 3500.00 OBO
Freight shipping is available at an additional cost.

Attachments

• IMG_20180630_115651a.jpg
    IMG_20180630_115651a.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 1,279
Last edited:

VinylProfit

Update: July 1, 2018
Due to the overwhelming response and an attempt to provide the most complete listing.
This is an update to the original description.

Material Thickness:
Maximum material thickness listed on the Gerber Technology website is 4.4" or 110mm.
The distance between the table surface and the lowest portion of the gantry is approx 4.375".
This router was typically used to carve and cut 2" thick high density urethane sign foam. The maximum material thickness will also be limited by the router bit.

Lead Screws:
The X,Y and Z lead screws have never been replaced.
The X and Y lead screws show wear in some sections. The original teflon black coating is worn along the most used portion of the X and Y lead screws. I typically use a Teflon lubricant on both the X and Y lead screws. Despite this wear the machine is very accurate. This machine was mostly used to V-carve HDU sign foam and route small wood signs. I don't think the lead screw encountered extreme resistance. This machine was never used to route thick aluminum or metal other than ACM (aluminum composite material).
This listing will be updated with photos of the X and Y lead screw wear by the end of the day July 2nd.
The Z lead screw show no signs of wear.

Gantry:
The gantry does not show any movement or excessive play.
The gantry bearings could use repacked with grease or replaced due to age.

Included:
Gerber Sabre 404 Router
Gerber Sabre 404 Control Box
Windows XP Computer w/ Monitor
Gerber Graphix Advantage 6.2 Software (installed on the computer, no disk for re-installation)
Gerber Art Path Software (installed on the computer, no disk for re-installation)
Gerber Autocarve Software (installed on the computer, no disk for re-installation)
Table Clamps
Collar Wrenches
Miscellanous straight cut and V-carved router bits

A 10% deposit will be required within one business day of the completed auction.
Final payment is due prior to shipping or at time of pick-up. Cash preferred.
The machine will be powered up and available for inspection prior to completing the transaction.
Bid with confidence.

VinylProfit

Update July 4, 2018
Pick-up Details:
The pick-up location does not own a forklift or have an elevated loading dock.
The footprint of the machine is 72"x 72". The buyer will need to bring a trailer (car style or sightly smaller) with a ramp to tow the machine. The machine weighs 1,245 lbs. I have a set of casters or dollies to load the machine with a winch mechanism.
I do not have the ability to load this machine into a pick-up truck.