• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting a new PC....

jon vital

I could do with a new PC as I want something a bit quicker but I also want 8gb+ of RAM to help with doing large print files For this I would NEED the 64bit version of Windows but I'm worried about compatabiliy with other hardware. I'm using Flexi 8.1 which apparently works ok with Win 7. I would need to run our Mimaki CG 130FX cutter from the machine. We have a separate machine for the RIP. Can anyone forsee any problems?

choucove

At our office we have already successfully done cutting to our Graphtec FC-5100 on a test Windows 7 Pro 64-bit system running Flexi Sign PRO 8.1, and Graphtec is generally known for terrible driver support and don't have anything for a Windows driver past Windows XP 32-bit. If your plotter has a USB profile listed within Production Manager already, you should be able to use that to plot using 8.1, I believe. So far, the only thing we have encountered with problems in Flexi 8.1 and Windows 7 is when printing to our Mimaki JV3-130. We have not tried it actually, but have heard of several others having the issue so I foresee that as a problem.

In the end, we have decided to update our computer running Flexi 8.1 as a RIP to the Mimaki printer to Flexi 10 because the price was worth it to fix the incompatibility issues and still be able to run Windows 7 64-bit. The upgrade for our PRO version was only slightly more than $300.

WildWestDesigns

I could do with a new PC as I want something a bit quicker but I also want 8gb+ of RAM to help with doing large print files For this I would NEED the 64bit version of Windows but I'm worried about compatabiliy with other hardware. I'm using Flexi 8.1 which apparently works ok with Win 7. I would need to run our Mimaki CG 130FX cutter from the machine. We have a separate machine for the RIP. Can anyone forsee any problems?

I have Win7 and really do like that OS. I'm running a roland cutter though and no issues what so far. I don't use Flexi though, I use Illustrator and then use the plugin for the Roland cutter after I've done the design work in Ai.