• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting HP Scitex XL1500 - need tec & ink supplier

Warped&Proud

Hello,

My boss has just purchased a used HP/Scitex XL1500 and it is expected to be delivered in about a week.

He's given me the task of sourcing supplies and such for it.
help.gif

Can anyone point me in the right direction, in the Seattle area, for a technician to set it up for us and train myself and my staff on the thing?

Also, can anyone recommend an supplier for bulk dye-sublimation ink for heat transfer fabric process (the only thing it will be used for).

Thanks in advance.
urock.gif

Bizzarth

Where did you buy the printer from? I'm sure that they would assist in having this printer set up and installed for you.

wonsngis

Talk to Michael Labella at US sublimation about the dye sub consumables and heat presses.

www.ussublimation.com
1-800-835-7576

If he can't help you directly, I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

If you're going to be running solvent inks in addition to the dye sub, Sericol offers an ink that it so vastly superior to HP's OEM ink that HP should be ashamed of themselves. I have a couple contacts there if you'd like them.

wonsngis

As for setup/installation, you really should get someone from (or formerly from) HP to assist. The HP/Scitex "care center" number is 800-669-5869

Grimco also sells the XLjet so they might be able to help.

If you need more leads, I can do some digging through my stack of HP business cards for other contacts. Let me know.

wonsngis

Now that I've seen the performance difference, I'd almost be willing to pay MORE for the Sericol inks. The fact that they cost less is just a perk that comes along with the improvement in color quality and overall machine performance.

I wish Sericol made inks for all my machines.

Sericol NH inks are fare superior to XL inks in every aspect.

Price, Usage, Color Gamut and Machine performance.

You pay less to use less ink get greater colors and less headaches with your XLjets.

I have some killer profiles in all print modes. If anyone wants them let me know.

wonsngis

Sericol NH inks are fare superior to XL inks in every aspect.

Price, Usage, Color Gamut and Machine performance.

You pay less to use less ink get greater colors and less headaches with your XLjets.

I have some killer profiles in all print modes. If anyone wants them let me know.

I'll take you up on that. I'll send you my FTP info

seekay

Hi everyone!

We are just getting a used XL1500 in a couple of weeks and looking into inks, print profiles and most urgently a RIP as the machine doesn't come with one! If anybody has insight on an available RIP it would be greatly appreciated.

As for ink, i've heard we should look at Sericol NH, AT Inks from India which ship out of NC and are approved by XAAR the print head manufacturer, Sun Chemicals and HP Supreme 3. Hard to choose without having the experience!

Anybody know of a tech for these machines in Canada or in the north east US to come up to Canada?

Thank you and of course we would love to have those killer print profiles to save time!