• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting out of the Screenprinting industry :(

CoryP

I work at a sign shop, that has gone all digital, the owner wants to get rid of everything, and we have a lot of stuff around.

My main question is, we have a lot of old ink, new ink, unopened ink, mixed ink, Plastisol ink, UV ink, Solvent ink.... what can I do with all this ink?

I guess also what can I do with our large flatbed press, 72" wide oven and uv light, and gigantic exposure unit?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Check with administration and see how you can set up an ad to sell the stuff here. I would imagine there will be a certain amount of hazmat cost on shipping ??

schramm

+1 on craigslist and for a small fee you can advertise it here as well. I am looking for some smaller screen printing things but do not have a large area to use for just screen printing.

whatever you do dont flush the ink and chemicals down teh toilet..seriously i know a sign company that disposed of 100s upon 100s of gallons of ink and chemicals this way..not sure what they were thinking but they were SERIOUSLY fined.

Marlene

we sold all our stuff we we got out of it and called local schools that have tech centers and donated some of it.

petesign

Wow, wish you were closer, I do large format digital - and am thinking about getting a clamshell type press for screens. Can't touch screen printers prices for coroplast signs :(

Pat Whatley

I bought some stuff from a screen printing shop that was closing that literally had THOUSANDS of tubs of ink. 90% of them were pre-mixed colors leftover from large runs. They'd advertised for months trying to give the stuff away and nobody would take any of it.

The day I picked up my stuff there was a temporary employee pouring the ink into a 55 gallon drum. They were going to have to let the empty ink tubs dry before the landfill would take them....they wouldn't say what the plan was for the big drums of ink but my guess is they buried them somewhere.

By the way, good luck selling the screen printing equipment. We closed down our shop and tried for two years to sell it off and have virtually ZERO interest even at giveaway prices. When you try selling a $5000 press for $500 and get laughed at you know the screen print industry is going away.

JESSE WALKER

By the way, good luck selling the screen printing equipment. We closed down our shop and tried for two years to sell it off and have virtually ZERO interest even at giveaway prices. When you try selling a $5000 press for $500 and get laughed at you know the screen print industry is going away.
Some of it may be the location? I sold one of my Riley Hopkins Aero presses for almost the same price I paid. It was on CL and was there about a week.
-Jesse

RycckG

I am interested

I would have some interest in the equipment. Can you detail the sizes and exact equipt?

schramm

If you want to give the ink away and are willing to put it on pallets I have a couple of companies that will take it off your hands and pay all transportation to them.

I also would be interested in smaller equipment that you may have. I think it costs $8-10 to post in the classifieds here (I have paid it a couple of times), we all know someone and you may be able to move it all.

1leonchen

what type of equipment do u have. i may be interested. and the inks i don't what to recommended but i would take a few quarts or gallons.