• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GFP Laminators

Dragon

Started doing homework on laminators... Saw this brand and cannot find any reviews on it. Seems like a lot of companies are selling them but they all seem to be using the same description basically copied and pasted onto their website.
Does anyone have one of these laminators? I am considering the Gfp 255C.
Comments? Input?
Very tight budget. Would consider used.

Thanks

Drip Dry

Hi have a GFP 463 th. It was the best investment in a laminator I could have ever made. It runs flawlessly.
Easy to load.
Not sure about the model your looking at, but this one is about 6,ooo.

There is another chinese brand that others on this board like and is less expensive.

I can't remember the name, so you should do a search here

cesargraphics

I just got the GFP 563th Laminator..

I did my research on laminators for quite some time...

and finally decided on the GFP 563th laminator

Reasons I chose this model are:

I need to be able to mount on 5X10 ft boards

I liked the sturdy appearance of this model (and it is very sturdy now that I have seen it in person)

I am getting into vehicle wraps and needed a laminator that can do roll to roll

a lot less pricy than a seal laminator

This laminator has all the bells and whistles !

I will post some pics in the next couple of days

I just mounted an 4X10 adhesive to a 1/2 inch gator board and it came out nice..!

jfiscus

Rap Master
Do a search here and see what people have said about them.
We had a GFP laminator where I used to work and it was NICE. We have a Seal & Chinese oldie here and they suck big time.

rcook99

Just ordered a VT 9600 from Dave at US Tech in Florida based on reviews and actual phone conversations with people who have owned one for 3-4 years. It is due here today and hope to get it installed and running this weekend. Looking forward to using it.

scott stephens

Im looking at a gfp 563 th are you happy with yours

Are you happy with your GFP 563TH

I did my research on laminators for quite some time...

and finally decided on the GFP 563th laminator

Reasons I chose this model are:

I need to be able to mount on 5X10 ft boards

I liked the sturdy appearance of this model (and it is very sturdy now that I have seen it in person)

I am getting into vehicle wraps and needed a laminator that can do roll to roll

a lot less pricy than a seal laminator

This laminator has all the bells and whistles !

I will post some pics in the next couple of days

I just mounted an 4X10 adhesive to a 1/2 inch gator board and it came out nice..!

I Branding

we recently purchased a GFP 563TH and our business is fleet graphics, 53' trailers. I personally think this laminator is the wrong choice for vehicle wraps. I would love a Seal 600MD but those are discontinued. I have attached some pics to show you guys my issues. Cannot figure it out!

Attachments

• 20160429_082911_resized.jpg
    20160429_082911_resized.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 401
  • 20160429_082919_resized.jpg
    20160429_082919_resized.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 361
  • 20160429_082924_resized.jpg
    20160429_082924_resized.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 372

Christian @ 2CT Media

Your roller tension looks too high due to the waves in the print. Also is your laminate centered on the rolls?

You also need to balance the tension on the feed roller too those little bubbles on one side of the machine is due to laminate buckling as its going through the rollers.

jfiscus

Rap Master
we recently purchased a GFP 563TH and our business is fleet graphics, 53' trailers. I personally think this laminator is the wrong choice for vehicle wraps. I would love a Seal 600MD but those are discontinued. I have attached some pics to show you guys my issues. Cannot figure it out!
I finally convinced them to purchase one for here around Christmas and everyone loves it. I can teach a new hire how to use one in an hour or so and they're off. We have laminated around 500 rolls since then w/o any issues with the machine. Most of the time the other guys here leave the heat off, but I like to run it right around 110 degrees personally.

You don't run these laminators with "high pressure" just stop turning it when it starts to feel a little snug.

I Branding

I finally convinced them to purchase one for here around Christmas and everyone loves it. I can teach a new hire how to use one in an hour or so and they're off. We have laminated around 500 rolls since then w/o any issues with the machine. Most of the time the other guys here leave the heat off, but I like to run it right around 110 degrees personally.

You don't run these laminators with "high pressure" just stop turning it when it starts to feel a little snug.

if i stop it when it starts to feel a little snug then it doesnt seal the laminate to the vinyl properly. After laminating i can take a squeegee to it and it seals it down properly. And thicker mil laminate like lustre laminate won't seal down at all.