• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ghost sign discovered in my town

David Wright

A fire last year destroyed a building here in Wyandotte, mi.
Tore down a wall and it revealed a nice old wall sign.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 175
We had the most beautiful old ghost Coca-Cola ad and another uncovered when a building was torn down on main street several years ago. The city couldn't wait to get it covered up. :banghead:

There is an old mural just like that (Gold Medal, same slogan and all) on a building in Minonk, Illinois, although it's exposed to the elements and it's almost completely faded out of existence.

Marlene

we had a nice old one on the side of a brick building in our town but they had someone come and re-paint it all fresh and new which was stupid as now it is a new wall sign with nothing of the old left. they should have left it alone

Attachments

• wall.jpg
    wall.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 110

phototec

we had a nice old one on the side of a brick building in our town but they had someone come and re-paint it all fresh and new which was stupid as now it is a new wall sign with nothing of the old left. they should have left it alone

That's like the fool who had an very old rare antique sward covered with rust and patina, he used a buffer to remove the old finish and make it shinny, reducing the value to almost nothing.:omg:

Jwalk

I have been meaning to take a picture of this triple ghost sign for so long now and I did a few weeks ago. I was going to debut it on instagram but this is so perfect.

Theres a logan grill at the top then a lumber king in the middle and a coca cola to finish it off. Isnt that great.

I took a high school crush to that grill now it is going to turn into some yuppie coffee shop.

Attachments

• ghost signs lr.jpg
    ghost signs lr.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 112