• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GINO SHOW: Pilot Episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I wish you could respond to a post with a recorded voice message. If you could, you'd hear in my tone of voice a bit of how I'm baffled as to the response I'm going to share with you in a moment to a comment I made and you'd definitely hear a ton of lighthearted amusement. THIS POST IS ABOUT THE THINGS GINO TELLS HIMSELF (as will be evident from a message I received from him I'll share with you)

Here's my reply on the thread about about Gino's 30,000th post:
"Every forum I'm on has the hyperposting individual whose life's mission is to become the most well known name on the forum. Kinda makes you wonder how they manage to have a life, right? My back and forth with Gino has ranged from the productive to the downright inane, as it has with the homesteader on all the other forums. I was going to offer to buy signs101 once and the first thing I was going to do was institute a policy of no more displaying post counts. Could you imagine the uproar? I still laugh out loud thinking about it!". A PRETTY INNOCUOUS COMMENT IN MY OPINION. A statement of fact about the roughly 8 forums I'm active on. No mud slinging, just an observation.

Here's GINO'S REPLY TO ME PERSONALLY:
"Sorry to say, but you'd be one of the last people on this forum in my opinion, to be slinging mud. I don't know about our back & forths having any meaning towards anything other than your conduct as many others have agreed. I doubt people like you should be opening any cans of worms. I don't like airing dirty laundry on a forum, but evidently, you wish to go there, so bring it on. Read this and think hard about your next move."

"I don't know about our back & forths...". Here's what I remember about our back and forths. During the years I was actively involved on this forum on a daily basis, there were two people's posts I always made it a point to read, Gino's (I mean there were SO many of them!) and bob's. Like a huge number of people on this site, I got into a few skirmishes with Gino and, like many others have commented time and again, found you can't get anywhere with someone who always thinks they are right about any shade of grey in a discussion. No big deal, just typical internet forum stuff.

Here's where it gets interesting. I've had a tremendous number of horrible health issues. 18 major surgeries on my intestines and actually had to survive a whole year on IV nutrition with no real food entering my mouth. That will make you insane, I guarantee it. I don't recall the particulars of the events leading up to this but at some point someone suggested taking up a collection for me. I do recall at that time I was in an extended recovery from a particularly gruesome surgery and had no income. Eventually Fred transferred just south of $4,000 to me as I recall. A generous lifeline from a huge number of people I'd never met that immensely bolstered my respect for general humanity.

I went through a dark period of depressive episodes over the fact that what should have been my most productive income producing years were being usurped by seemingly constant recoveries from surgeries. It affected all aspects of my personality. Fortunately, a talented surgeon ended this 22 year long nightmare for me 8 years ago at a hospital in Dallas. He restored my body to 100% normal functioning and I haven't had a surgery since. SOMEWHERE during this time I had what I perceived to be my feelings hurt on this forum. I made a goodbye post and noted that my contributions were no longer relevant as about 90% of my posting was in General Chit Chat.

ENTER MY "BACK AND FORTH" WITH GINO. I wish the messages still existed I could quote directly from. He was the first (and ONLY) to remind me of the generosity of the people here towards me and how dare I up and leave?. His true character was on full display as he told me the charity I received I was throwing back in everyone's face. That's how I remember it. I believe charity comes with no strings attached and no obligations, save for the event of being able to pay it forward (which I've been able to do on a number of occasions).

HERE'S YOUR APOLOGY GINO: "I'm sincerely sorry if my comments about people who live on forums offended you. Truly I am. I could search other forums I am on find the exact same observation I posted there. That's all it was, an observation. I don't think I impugned your character (which, by the way, you've done to me). If you perceive that I did, I apologize for that as well. I wish you nothing but continued success in your personal and professional endeavors."

FINALLY... after a number of years away from this forum I returned one day with a request to Fred to change my screen name from Arlo Kalon to Arlo Kalon 2.0. This was to reflect that I realized mistakes I had made here and that there was a new, upgraded version of me. I was roundly welcomed back by lots of my old friends here save for one, I'll let you all guess who that was. Back to your regular programming.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ahh, but Arlo....... your surgery or bowel syndrome was nothing at all what I was referring to. Someone else made mention of that, not me. The part about my commenting on your up & leaving was not about your surgery, but something entirely different. How odd you forget something like that, but not the wrong parts which you contrived in your clouded mind.

I would never wish ill of anyone concerning health issues or surgery(s). I would not make fun of it, either. However, the other things of which you conveniently left out is/are what I was referring to.

This is hardly the Gino Pilot Show, but seems it might turn into an online slugfest, regarding how some take advantage of others on s101. While I might hit people square between the eyes, it is based upon the information received or referring to, not the foul and perverted actions as I was indicating about you.

Besides, I thought PM's were just that..... private messages. Why on earth would you wanna address that in the open ?? You really wanna go there ??

Last edited:

ikarasu

I don't always agree with everything Gino writes, but he does seem like the guy everyone picks on here.

Yes, he can be an ass, but AFAIK he doesnt post threads about specific members or target anyone individually. This is the second or third post I've seen about him this week.

If you don't agree with him, don't read his posts. The only thing a post like this accomplished, is it ensures continued back and fourth, the exact same thing the post.is complaining about.

Whether he spends 10 minutes or 10 hours a day on these forums, it shouldn't have any effect on you, so why bother writing about it? I don't always agree with his methods or how he does stuff, but I also know the guys probably forgot more about signs than ive learned so far.

S101 feels like high school .There's certain cliques that always fight with eachother... You guys aren't 15 year old girls, stop acting like them...

If you don't agree with what someone says, say so. Not because of the username posting it, but because you think there's a better way.

TimToad

"Yes, he can be an ***, but AFAIK he doesnt post threads about specific members or target anyone individually."

He may not start or post threads about specific members, but he does not hesitate to target, attack, insult or belittle no small number of other members. He also doesn't hesitate to jump in when others start insulting posts or threads about other members.

In fact, just due to the sheer volume of those attacks, insults, veiled threats and belittlements, his actions negate much of the good advice he offers.

This all falls into the "what's good for the goose, is good for the gander" and "those who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones" category. Folks want adult, civil decorum here, then practice what you preach.

It also feels very similar to the debate in America right now about the outcry from right wingers about our White House spokesperson being asked to leave a restaurant because of her association to the White House. That this happened in the same week that the Supreme Court and its newest appointee cast the deciding vote to allow businesses to discriminate against anyone regardless of laws prohibiting the practice being in place across much of the country is quite telling. By publicly defending the court decision, ANYONE in the administration opened themselves to the same treatment or the predictable charges of hypocrisy they deserve.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Arlo, I'm glad you are here. I remember when you were on death's door step and it's refreshing to "read" you again.

ikarasu

"Yes, he can be an ***, but AFAIK he doesnt post threads about specific members or target anyone individually."

He may not start or post threads about specific members, but he does not hesitate to target, attack, insult or belittle no small number of other members. He also doesn't hesitate to jump in when others start insulting posts or threads about other members.

In fact, just due to the sheer volume of those attacks, insults, veiled threats and belittlements, his actions negate much of the good advice he offers.

This all falls into the "what's good for the goose, is good for the gander" and "those who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones" category. Folks want adult, civil decorum here, then practice what you preach.

It also feels very similar to the debate in America right now about the outcry from right wingers about our White House spokesperson being asked to leave a restaurant because of her association to the White House. That this happened in the same week that the Supreme Court and its newest appointee cast the deci
ding vote to allow businesses to discriminate against anyone regardless of laws prohibiting the practice being in place across much of the country is quite telling. By publicly defending the court decision, ANYONE in the administration opened themselves to the same treatment or the predictable charges of hypocrisy they deserve.

When my kid throws a hissy fit because he doesn't get what he wants, i don't throw one back. As the saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right... People generally act out because they want attention, and guess what's been happening lately? I'm not saying don't be offended, don't fight back, or even to just ignore it... But you don't have to stoop to the same level doing the same things you're upset someone else is doing.

All I'm saying is some people are dicks, some aren't. Don't turn into a dick just because someone else is being one. Otherwise you're no better than they are.

And just to point out... I'm generalizing, not talking about Gino. I don't always agree with what Gino posts, and I'm sure sometime he posts just to get a rise out of someone... But it's no worst than half the other stuff I see on Forums.

Last edited:

clarizeyale

S101 feels like high school .There's certain cliques that always fight with eachother... You guys aren't 15 year old girls, stop acting like them...

As a person who is probably half or a third of most of everyone's age here and only a week of me being fairly active.... this is a comment I agree with the most. and this time I didn't have to say it :p

/throws some kindling in the fire, roasts some marshmallows, and eats some popcorn. :p

p.s. not directed to anyone in particular. just the nature of some threads and posts I have to try and skim thru to get to actual information :rolleyes:

equippaint

I like the Gino show (and the Gino show guests). Without it this place would be boring. Be careful what you wish for.
Sometimes you need thick skin. In order for one to respect your opinion you need to respect others opinions no matter how wrong or abrasive it seems. As long as it does not cause harm to others of course.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Ahh, but Arlo....... your surgery or bowel syndrome was nothing at all what I was referring to. Someone else made mention of that, not me. The part about my commenting on your up & leaving was not about your surgery, but something entirely different. How odd you forget something like that, but not the wrong parts which you contrived in your clouded mind.
I see you're still the master of deflection, misdirection and unfounded, baseless remarks Gino. I mentioned your comments about my leaving, something to the effect it was throwing the generosity of the fine folks here back in their face.

I would never wish ill of anyone concerning health issues or surgery(s). I would not make fun of it, either. However, the other things of which you conveniently left out is/are what I was referring to.
Enlighten me, what did I "conveniently" leave out? I left here pretty much on good terms as I recall

This is hardly the Gino Pilot Show, but seems it might turn into an online slugfest, regarding how some take advantage of others on s101. While I might hit people square between the eyes, it is based upon the information received or referring to, not the foul and perverted actions as I was indicating about you.
You conveniently left out any mention of "foul perversions". Again, enlighten me.

Besides, I thought PM's were just that..... private messages. Why on earth would you wanna address that in the open ?? You really wanna go there ??
I brought it out into the open to show you invited me to "bring it on". Otherwise, there would have been no basis for my thread. If you had been wearing big boy pants when you read my comments about the prolific posters on internet forums you would have realized it was just that, a comment about prolific posters. As bob would say, "reading for comprehension isn't your strong suit, eh?".

Last edited:

WildWestDesigns

As long as it does not cause harm to others of course.

That's were the rub comes in.

What I've noticed is people seem to what to claim that what they are doing is showing "tough love", but in all actuality is what it appears to be is stroking their ego with their own prepubescent sociopathic tendencies (and I'm being kind with the prepubescent comment in conjunction with sociopathic).

There is a difference between these two scenarios (actual tough love and just strokin' one's ego) and I think it is at times lost or for some, they really don't care. That's what degrades the point of having a "conversation". Differing views is a good thing as long as they are backed up logically. Some don't really do as good of a job as they would like to think. Bare in mind, this is a general observation, I'm not speaking of any one specifically.

SignosaurusRex

Gino & Arlo, as a personal friend of both of you I would request that a burial of hatchets take place and might be best done privately. I think the both of you have earned the right to your individual opinions, beliefs, etc. and should be respected for that. You both are my brothers and we are a family. Lets keep the airing of laundry, judgments and finger waging in the basement and come together in peace at the dinner table. ...Peace my Brothers! ;)

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Gino & Arlo, as a personal friend of both of you I would request that a burial of hatchets take place and might be best done privately. I think the both of you have earned the right to your individual opinions, beliefs, etc. and should be respected for that. You both are my brothers and we are a family. Lets keep the airing of laundry, judgments and finger waging in the basement and come together in peace at the dinner table. ...Peace my Brothers! ;)
Hey brother I'm onboard. I can overlook the "foul and perverse" slam for the benefit of ending this. Maybe a virtual beer summit?

equippaint

That's were the rub comes in.

What I've noticed is people seem to what to claim that what they are doing is showing "tough love", but in all actuality is what it appears to be is stroking their ego with their own prepubescent sociopathic tendencies (and I'm being kind with the prepubescent comment in conjunction with sociopathic).

There is a difference between these two scenarios (actual tough love and just strokin' one's ego) and I think it is at times lost or for some, they really don't care. That's what degrades the point of having a "conversation". Differing views is a good thing as long as they are backed up logically. Some don't really do as good of a job as they would like to think. Bare in mind, this is a general observation, I'm not speaking of any one specifically.
Agreed, I guess this stuff doesn't get under my skin unless I regard them as genuinely stupid but even then its the stupidity that annoys me rather than the insult. It's hard for me to understand how someone you don't know and couldn't care less about can bother someone. I'm cool with someone being a dick, Im cool with someone being stupid too but a stupid dick is irritating. Maybe Gino likes dicks? He seems more of a ball buster though, definitely not stupid.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Why on earth have to posted this thread Arlo? Just what is your point?
Marlene my friend, I think the answer to this lies in Gino's challenge to me to "bring it on". I could have overlooked the rest of his remarks as I've been well aware of his propensities for over a decade. But he invited me. Like Homer Simpson says, "what're ya gonna do?"

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
People get a little too worked up over posts on the internet.

Gino is like a big old booger. Not harmful or painful.
Once you know it's there it can't be ignored and you want to get in and dig it out.
Polite society frowns on public nose picking so for the good of the whole you need to go behind closed doors (take it off line) and fix it there.

Arlo I am glad to read that you are doing better and are back posting
Gino - I have already told you I hope you stick around.

wayne k
guam usa

SignosaurusRex

People get a little too worked up over posts on the internet.

Gino is like a big old booger. Not harmful or painful.
Once you know it's there it can't be ignored and you want to get in and dig it out.
Polite society frowns on public nose picking so for the good of the whole you need to go behind closed doors (take it off line) and fix it there.

Arlo I am glad to read that you are doing better and are back posting
Gino - I have already told you I hope you stick around.

wayne k
guam usa

If you think about it, we all can be and sometimes are big old boogers. The bright side is that boogers are the result of keeping passages clear for greater volume and clearer flow.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
This thread has obviously been closed to further commentary.
I'd like to take the opportunity to post a policy reminder and direct your attention to the Entertainment, Humor and Spoofs section, whose rules read in-part as follows:

This is a for Entertainment, Humor and Spoofs, and is the only place for off color and other type of talk... Like other sites I'm not going to control every little thing people say in this day and age... So again I will not tolerate attacks in any other sections of the site.

Please keep this in mind when posting throughout the forum.
Thanks,

SignsSupport

Status
Not open for further replies.