• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Glass Apeel profile

JCinNY

We bought a sample roll of glass apeel and downloaded the profile. all of the profiles have _ONX in the file name that specifies the printer. We tried to load the file for our specific machine but it wasn't compatible. Are Glass Apeel profiles only compatible with Onyx?

DesireeM

What type of printer are you using? I just checked their website and they have profiles for HP and Roland on there.

DesireeM

They do, but if you download the profile the instructions are for opening them in Onyx

You said all the profiles were _ONX files...

I went to Technical | Glass Apeel and downloaded the White Apeel profile for Roland and it gives me a zip file with a .rml profile and a text file with instructions to load the file to Versaworks.

Which one did you try?

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
I just bought some and they still don't have profiles for anything other than Onyx lol. Anyone have any touch stone setup parameters for this material? I'm going to create my own profile but it would be nice to have a better starting point then 'any calendered vinyl' profile as was recommended by Glass Apeel. Thanks!

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I'm using Glass Adhere profile, which I believe was a direct download on the printer itself.

Lounge

Following. I am afraid it will melt in my machine. That is all they told me too, try a generic self adhesive vinyl setting.