• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Glass beer mugs?

phototec

What is the best media for use on glass beer mugs (see attached sample), when doing print-cut with Eco-Sol Max ink?

Attachments

• Beer Mug.jpg
    Beer Mug.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 138

rjssigns

nope...

No matter what you used I don't think they'd last in a dishwasher anyway. Have to be mindful of the health hazard of the labels also. Jus' sayin'...

WildWestDesigns

Not for glass mugs like that no. Most of the steins that I have done are ceramic steins and I would sublimate them. Those will survive the dishwasher. The glass ones that can be sublimated usually have a disk that you sublimate separately.

WildWestDesigns

There are glass mugs for sublimating now.

Ray

You are right, however, they use a sublimated disc. Which doesn't produce that direct on the mug finished look that the ceramic steins produce. Because they are discs as well, they have a smaller surface to sublimate on.

Also they tend not to be dishwasher safe as well, compared to the ceramics.

klingsdesigns

I have made labels on control tac and put on shaker bottles and ran in in the dishwasher about 30 times and still looks new.
Not sure how it would work on glass but worth a try.