• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Glass Way Finding

Sindex Printing

Do they have to be glass or can the be acrylic?

I would personally get the glass looking acrylics. Uv print on the back side of the acrylic and laser cut them to the desired size and use stands offs to mount. I'm not sure of a vendor that still does them. I know there are vendors that will print on the acrylic and then send it to someone that does laser cutting and engraving. If you need help with setting up a file I can walk you through setting it up to get the job completed.

bluehammer

Do they have to be glass or can the be acrylic?

I would personally get the glass looking acrylics. Uv print on the back side of the acrylic and laser cut them to the desired size and use stands offs to mount. I'm not sure of a vendor that still does them. I know there are vendors that will print on the acrylic and then send it to someone that does laser cutting and engraving. If you need help with setting up a file I can walk you through setting it up to get the job completed.

Yes, I just went and looked at the one I want to duplicate and it is indeed acrylic. Acrylic is the way to go. Much easier.

jwilde

Acrylic works great for this, we've done both however. For glass we send a CAD file to a local glass company that cuts it for us then we print the pieces. For acrylic we reverse print and router it. You can flame the edges and it looks like glass (we just use a small propane torch like used for wraps). Do a test piece because it can be a bit of an art. If you do flame the edges do not clean it with alcohol as it will spider crack like crazy.