• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GlassAdhere

BALLPARK

Just wanted to say that after testing some GlassAdhere, I was impressed with the print/cut quality of this product. It is used for glass applications and easy to install.

When I first touched the media on the back I thought it would not have a good adhesion to the window. I was wrong, it stays firmly in place and it can be removed. This is a product from Photo Tex and much like their wall wrap media this product has a lot of great features.

Pro's
Excellent Print / Cut Quality.
Can be wet applied or dry.
Blockout media. (White, not sure if the clear does the same.)
Repositionable (But be careful not to crease it as it will show the error).
Solvent & UV printers.
Leaves no residue behind.

Con's
Creases can happen when mishandling the media. I have not tried heat on it yet to see if it will reset.
Not sure how long it will last as it is tested for 6 months on the brochure media.

I really like the product and think our clients will be interested in it's temporary multiple use applications ranging from store front glass to interior glass. It can be used on other surfaces, I just like it for window wraps and/or window contour cut decals.

I would much prefer to install this over static clings. Just thought I would pass along some info for anyone that does not know about the product. I had been using 3M IJ180-CV3 and 8518 laminate to wrap store front windows, I will now be switching to this media.

Here is a link if you want to check it out... Glass Adhere

BALLPARK

We don't have white print capabilities. So I'm not sure if it would help blockout or if it would still bleed through. But yeah... pretty sure if you just print on clear without any white it might show through..lol. ;)

It is a pretty cool product. I am getting some samples ready for a few clients and I hope it sparks a few new orders for their retail locations.

ISGtulsa

Glass Adhere Profiles

Could you tell me which profile worked best for you for Glass Adhere. I have tried the IJ180, however, it seems as though the material continues to lay heavy ink and curling, even with tweaking. The material is fantastic, however, not cheap to continue to run profile tests on. Did you use the IJ180 profile, or did a different one work better for you, if you do not mind my asking.

alphabaltimore

We just got a sample roll, and are going to test. For a more permanent application has anyone tried to laminate the GlassAdhere yet?

BALLPARK

I used the MPI3303 profile. I also laminated with 8518 gloss for a project. Both turned out really good... :)

Cutting when laminated takes some tweaking to find the right grams of force.

We got a generous sample of this material sent over to us a few weeks ago and I finally got to test it out to see how it works. This stuff sticks to glass and paint REALLY well. It's about impossible to get a fingernail under a corner to peel it back off the glass once installed. You pretty much have to use a razor blade or something similar to begin to lift it from the substrate. This material has a really nice price point, too. I would definitely recommend checking some out especially if you do a lot of retail store windows. I have a feeling ads could be swapped out fairly easily with this stuff and a novice could install it with relative ease.

I did notice the link at the top of this post no longer works. You can find more info at glassadhere.net

signprinter

We got a generous sample of this material sent over to us a few weeks ago and I finally got to test it out to see how it works. This stuff sticks to glass and paint REALLY well. It's about impossible to get a fingernail under a corner to peel it back off the glass once installed. You pretty much have to use a razor blade or something similar to begin to lift it from the substrate. This material has a really nice price point, too. I would definitely recommend checking some out especially if you do a lot of retail store windows. I have a feeling ads could be swapped out fairly easily with this stuff and a novice could install it with relative ease.

I did notice the link at the top of this post no longer works. You can find more info at glassadhere.net

I know this is an older post, but I just requested a sample from the company and hope they send. You mentioned that it has a nice price point....my supplier (Fellers) sells this but it cost $309 for 100 ft....is this a good price or is there somewhere else that is less expensive. Thanks

I know this is an older post, but I just requested a sample from the company and hope they send. You mentioned that it has a nice price point....my supplier (Fellers) sells this but it cost $309 for 100 ft....is this a good price or is there somewhere else that is less expensive. Thanks

It's $.69 per sq. foot, which is cheaper than your average cast vinyl media, so I'm not sure how much more economical one would expect it to be.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

Wow they charge alot for that stuff, my product IDOT is a great alternative to glass adhere and it installs easier then glass adhere. (Clear version) iDot: The Next Generation of Adhesive Technology | Gans Digital Media Solutions | authorized dealer for HP Latex printers, Graftech cutters, and GFP laminators

ams

I've been wanting to try Glass Adhere, good to know someone tried it and it works. For those of you wanting it cheap, you get what you pay for and you don't get what you don't pay for.
I wouldn't suggest an offbrand.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I've been wanting to try Glass Adhere, good to know someone tried it and it works. For those of you wanting it cheap, you get what you pay for and you don't get what you don't pay for.
I wouldn't suggest an offbrand.

My material is a different makeup all together, if your looking for a material that prints awesome that can be used over and over that is removable and repositionable then let me know and I will send you a sample of iDot.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Does it remove in one piece even below freezing? Glassadhere does that hence why we use it.

Have not tested in that environment yet, I will have our Utah branch put some outside to see how it removes after a few weeks.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I have not tried his product yet, but based on the specs it would be an improved version of easydot... we use about a roll / month of easydot and its a very good product, I have one client that requests it exclusively.

If only I can find a good rigid gloss laminate that lasts to pair with it for easy to move window prints.