• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Glassware decals

Zeke Ford

Manager of Wide Format Production
Hi everyone. I've been experimenting with my vinyl and have tried to put it on different things like beer mugs and wine glasses. I'm having a problem with some of the vinyl not sticking to the glass. Could the decals maybe be too small? Is there something I should try to do? We've made a lot of decals but this is the first time we've tried to put it on glasses and mugs. I need tips please.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Please tell me you don't mean cut vinyl.

If digital, you're using the wrong material. What type are you printing on?

Zeke Ford

Manager of Wide Format Production
Please tell me you don't mean cut vinyl.

If digital, you're using the wrong material. What type are you printing on?

We aren't printing on the vinyl. We were using cut vinyl and cutting out different designs on our titan. The designs that we cut out we tries to put on the glassware but some of it was not sticking.

SP_Creative

Hey Zeke,

We've done cut vinyl on mugs (thought we advise against it - it's typically a one off for light use) but we always make sure the mug surface is warm, and we apply the vinyl with drywaller mesh tape as it conforms to the cup much easier than tape, especially when it comes to small font cut vinyl.

At times the vinyl will want to lift in certain areas, we just firmly press it down on the mug and leave it over night so the adhesion can cure. Hope that helps. Good luck!

rjssigns

Glassware may have some of the same issues as car windows and IG panels. Because of manufacturing variances the surface becomes like Teflon. No matter what you do nothing will stick.

We use vinyl on glassware for etch/blast masks only.