• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Glossy "Wet" Carbon Fiber Wrap Film?

splizaat

Hey guys, have a customer looking to wrap some interior trim pieces on his vehicle...he wants to use carbon fiber film. Usually we'd use 1080 Carbon for this, however, he is requesting it to look more like resin'd carbon fiber...where it's glossy/wet finish.

Does anyone currently make a wrappable wet carbon fiber film?

Any help is much appreciated.
Matt

TDFcustomSL

Not that I've ever seen.....

I wonder if you couldn't use a liquid laminate to give it more of a gloss finish? I have no idea how that stuff would behave when stretched and heated - just thinking out loud.

I had bought some of the Chineese carbon fiber vinyl when it first started showing up to wrap some aluminum pieces on dirt track cars. I also wanted to see what it would look like shiny so I used some left over clear coat (I work in a body shop also) and cleared a piece of the vinyl. The clear filled up the textures in the vinyl and made it look just like a gloss black. It really hid the carbon fiber design and texture. Im sure a liquid lam would do the same thing...just my 0.02.

Atomic DNA

+1 on this, a customer of mine does hydrographics and i must say it is an amazing process, if youd like his contact info PM me.

I have a guy as well. He's been going strong for about 12 years. He knows his stuff. Sent me some pics the other day and it impressed me and that's hard to do.

TDFcustomSL

I have a guy as well. He's been going strong for about 12 years. He knows his stuff. Sent me some pics the other day and it impressed me and that's hard to do.

:Oops:Sorry, wasnt tryin to step on toes. Not many people can do it, and those that can its hard to find someone that has the technique down. It is a very impressive process.

D&Tgraphics

I also agree with hydrographics. I do a lot of work for a local guy who does it and it's a very cool process and end result. It's perfect for interior car pieces.

Atomic DNA

:Oops:Sorry, wasnt tryin to step on toes. Not many people can do it, and those that can its hard to find someone that has the technique down. It is a very impressive process.

No toes stepped on here. Just giving another option. Doesn't hurt to have a couple.

splizaat

geeez, I didn't realize it'd be such a tough request!

I think hydrographics won't give the depth he's looking for. It's a BMW m6, expensive car -- not looking for grey dots on black vinyl. Looking for something that looks more like the real thing..unless hydrographics can do that as well?

TDFcustomSL

3m now offers a gloss di-noc textured carbon fiber vinyl just saw it on eBay. Searched for gloss carbon fiber vinyl. Even has the air egress adhesive.