• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GM vinyl for Camaro SS

graphix45

Has anyone done a hood wrap on the new 2018 Camaro SS using the factory GM vinyl? I've attempted 2, both ended up balled up in the corner and I used some Avery satin black I had in stock. The GM vinyl is very thin and brittle and has a high initial tack. It looks like it may be air release but it just sticks so tight before I can get it laid down. Wondering if I could use some application solution?

letterman7

Haven't done any Camaro's yet, but done a slew of Mustangs with both "factory" and aftermarket supplied stripes. I can't remember which, but it was marked as Avery and felt extremely thin. I used RapidTac just as a precaution - had zero issues doing that, just had to wait and be creative on the bumper covers.

graphix45

This is a full hood wrap that come from the factory this way on the SS Camaro. The first two were for the local Chevrolet dealers body shop from damage this one I have now is a warranty job. It was wrinkled under and around the hood vents. I've attached a picture of the factory vinyl I just open the box on. It's cracked all along the edges and flaking off. I just called the dealer and told them they needed to send someone to look at it and that I was not going to even attempt to install it. I've got a roll of satin Avery right here waiting.

Attachments

• GM vinyl.jpg
    GM vinyl.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 245