• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Going way back...Looking for PNC-1000 manual!

hemi

I bought a PNC-1000 for $20. I've got a decent USB<->serial cable, a laptop running Linux, InkScape and InkCut working. I can technically connect to the Roland, but can't get it to do anything...So I'm looking for a PNC-1000 manual to see if there's something I've missed or wasn't able to glean on my own through Googling and such. Does anyone have a link available to a manual for this cutter? Thanks!

Attila Nagy

Send me a picture of your USB-Serial cable. You may need a null modem dongle added. On the cutter set COMMAND to mode2. I/O auto or SERI. Baud 9600 handshake hardwire. Same settings on the software.

hemi

Sorry for the slow response. I've got a Tripp-Lite USB-A to DB25 RS232 cable: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TWFKEFA/

I can look into digging up a null modem cable.

I can't find anywhere in the cutter's menus to set command to mode2, or to change I/O settings. I don't see any DIP switches, either. That's kinda why I was hoping to dig up a manual.

hemi

Annnnd I'm an idiot. I just noticed that the cable the guy sent along with the cutter has 'NULL MODEM' on one end. Great.

Now I'm wondering if the pl2303 in the USB<->serial cable I have is even wired up to work as a null modem cable. If it is, then I could just buy a null modem adapter to go between the DB9 and of the cable and the DB9<->DB25 adapter. If not, then I just get to buy another cable. Joy.

Attila Nagy

It is correct. You need to have a null modem cable. You can attach null modem after 2303 adapter, but cannot be too long. What software are you using. The Communication settings needs to be the same as on the cutter.

hemi

I can't find the communications on the cutter. That's why I'm looking for a manual. :( I see no DIP switches anywhere, and there's nothing I can find in the menus.

Cable is 5' long. Added a null modem adapter and have the same results...Read that as "no luck."

hemi

Hey, progress...If I leave the latch lever up, I get connection settings. That's nice to know.

hemi

Even more progress! I can generate errors on the cutter's LCD now!

I'm using InkCut under Linux to try to talk to the thing. 9600/8/N/1, but not sure which method of hardware flow control I need to be using. I've tried all three options and still get errors.

Attila Nagy

Sorry for the slow response. I've got a Tripp-Lite USB-A to DB25 RS232 cable: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TWFKEFA/

I can look into digging up a null modem cable.

I can't find anywhere in the cutter's menus to set command to mode2, or to change I/O settings. I don't see any DIP switches, either. That's kinda why I was hoping to dig up a manual.
You need to add a null modem dongle to this cable

Attachments

• IMG_20201101_200457.jpg
    IMG_20201101_200457.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 97