• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gold Color on Vinyl

Locals Find!

I have a design for a client where she wants a nice bright gold color. I am subbing out the work to be printed on vinyl. The printer is using a Mutoh Valuejet. I am trying to find what Pantone color will give me the best bright gold when converted to RGB.

Please find attached a picture of the artwork for reference. Its a Christmas present for her Husband.

I need to send this to get printed today. So any help would really be appreciated.

Attachments

• eaglesnestsign-alternate-design.jpg
    eaglesnestsign-alternate-design.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 125

Locals Find!

Its a one off sign and we dont have any gold vinyl in stock and can't get it here in time. This is a rush job for a client that another shop in town screwed up.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
You said you were subbing the print out. Does the other shop of the capability to print on gold vinyl?

It just makes more sense to print on gold.

QQ: did you show the customer samples? Did they choose colors? Or just ask for a bright gold? 'Cause if I asked for a bright gold, I wouldn't expect to get a mustard yellow. I would expect a metallic bright gold.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What is the size of the piece? I could Edge print Transparent or Opaque Brown on Gold Metallic vinyl and have it out to you today.

Jackpine

Try the Pantone metallic coated palette. Maybe 8643C and print a few samples. I have used them and they are not metallic but they look good.
I have a design for a client where she wants a nice bright gold color. I am subbing out the work to be printed on vinyl. The printer is using a Mutoh Valuejet. I am trying to find what Pantone color will give me the best bright gold when converted to RGB.

Please find attached a picture of the artwork for reference. Its a Christmas present for her Husband.

I need to send this to get printed today. So any help would really be appreciated.

JR's

What is the size of the piece? I could Edge print Transparent or Opaque Brown on Gold Metallic vinyl and have it out to you today.

this sounds like your best bet.

And Fred if you're going to be offering your service maybe you should think of becoming a
Merchant member. ;-} :ROFLMAO:

JR

Locals Find!

You said you were subbing the print out. Does the other shop of the capability to print on gold vinyl?

It just makes more sense to print on gold.

QQ: did you show the customer samples? Did they choose colors? Or just ask for a bright gold? 'Cause if I asked for a bright gold, I wouldn't expect to get a mustard yellow. I would expect a metallic bright gold.

The customer just sent me the basic layout (text and request for eagle). The clients mother had another shop attempt it and the other shop handed them plotted vinyl mounted on coroplast and it was severely full of bubbles so the daughter (my client) got upset and came to me for help.

Locals Find!

Too big then to do in one piece. It's an 11.7" max with the bleed edge.

Thanks for trying to help Fred. I appreciate it. I think I found a color that will look ok. It won't be metallic and I explained that to the customer. She said she trusts me. So I am just going to do the best job possible.

MikePro

my solvent mimaki jv3 prints great on metallic vinyl!
+1 to the simplest, and BEST, solution

i'd offer to sub it, but i'm swamped at the moment +1'ing my postcount :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Addie, you first requested bright gold, but now you said it won't be metallic. Other than gold leaf looking vinyl, what other golds are out there in which you found something on your shelf to get it done in time ??

Another question for you Edge owners...... if the Edge only prints 11.7".... can't you still put a piece of vinyl through at 12".... because the printing doesn't go to the edge, if you printed a gold foil onto a brownish vinyl ??

CanuckSigns

what about using a metallic gold vinyl, and a brown vinyl and cut the graphics? the design looks easy enough to weed, should take someone with a plotter about 15 minutes from start to finish

RobbyMac

Another question for you Edge owners...... if the Edge only prints 11.7".... can't you still put a piece of vinyl through at 12".... because the printing doesn't go to the edge, if you printed a gold foil onto a brownish vinyl ??

Yeah, the cut/vinyl can be larger, but the print can only be 11.7

Locals Find!

Fred, Quick question. Do you have a piece of brown vinyl that you could print the Gold onto using the Edge?

The artwork is only 11.50w x 17.50h inches the brown background is the part that is 12"w x 18"h