• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Golf Ball Printing with UV Ink - Mimaki UJF-6042

khuff99

Has anyone tried printing on golf balls with UV ink? I'm having trouble finding blank golf balls the ink will adhere to. I've tried two different adhesion solutions without great results - the ink still chips off. I finally found one golf ball supplier with a ball that worked perfectly without the need for any primer, but they are out of stock. Reaching out to see if anyone else has found a good supplier?

Thanks!

David Verburg

We have a lot of experiences with UV print and golf balls. This is our core business. Adhesion depends heavily on the interaction of clear coating of the golf ball, primer and ink (needs to be flexible UV ink). That's why it's difficult to UV print different types (brands) of golf balls. Each factory uses a different clear coating process and different clear coating. If you want, I can advise you, but you need to email me as I don't want to share this info in public (sorry Signs101.com!): david@redlinegolf.nl.

acento3

We have a lot of experiences with UV print and golf balls. This is our core business. Adhesion depends heavily on the interaction of clear coating of the golf ball, primer and ink (needs to be flexible UV ink). That's why it's difficult to UV print different types (brands) of golf balls. Each factory uses a different clear coating process and different clear coating. If you want, I can advise you, but you need to email me as I don't want to share this info in public (sorry Signs101.com!)

Hey David,
I think I'm going to bother you about this too... I saw your website and you guys have a great business model there at the Netherlands!
If its good I'm going to send you an email.
Thanks!

jmcnicoll

I'm a golfer and would not sure I would use balls with any uv print on them. Would not trust the balls all react the same.

henryp

Excellent adhesion on Srixon balls

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    762.4 KB · Views: 195

David Verburg

Lus120 with PR200 primer. This is a flexibel ink. However the most important thing in order to get good adhesion on prints on the Mimaki 6042 is the interaction between clear coating on the golf ball and primer. We only found 2 factories that uses clear coating that reacts well on the Mimaki primer. Most of the other factories use clear coating that doesn't react well, which means ink breaking on impact.

jmcnicoll

I'm not sure about the ink used in these "golf ball printers" but most UV ink is dimensional. If it has any dimension too it most your better golfers would not play them.

cptrick

Lus120 with PR200 primer. This is a flexibel ink. However the most important thing in order to get good adhesion on prints on the Mimaki 6042 is the interaction between clear coating on the golf ball and primer. We only found 2 factories that uses clear coating that reacts well on the Mimaki primer. Most of the other factories use clear coating that doesn't react well, which means ink breaking on impact.
Hi David, any chance you can share where you purchased the PR200 primer?