• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gonna stick a printhead into an Ultra Sonic cleaner...

Got a 30-40% clogged/who knows Epson DX-4 printhead...the part cleaner came in this morning already cleaned a huge amount of goo out of my glasses and am cleaning my keys now...just for testing..

Going to finish a couple prints and then throw the DX-4 into the wash...will report back. Obviously I'm not going to submerge the electronics..

Wish me luck...whats $700 bucks anyway..

kffernandez

my money is on you successfully removing the clogs. but destroying the sensitive membrane inside. :wink:
don't forget to completely let it dry before sticking it back into your machine. i fried a fuse that way before. :Big Laugh

kelly

If I xerox a mirror will I go back in time?

Good question...I flushed the ink out and I only submerged the head part. Built a little stand out of coro so that it had some clearance underneath it....I taped where the ribbons attach with masking tape covering them as well as most of the circuit board.

Ran it for maybe 30 minutes using solvent flush solution...beware that it melts the plastic on the outside of your cheap jewelry cleaning machine. Luckily the inside is stainless steel.

Didn't really dry it because nothing got wet. Dabbed with paper towel..(not the head)

popped it back in ran a clean cycle and then did a yellow only print to push the rest of the solution out of it.

Then nozzle check to confirm...Success.

Have since printed a banner, looks great, will have to re-profile though, having built the last one on the failing head.:thumb:

"Individual results may vary"