• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good Afternoon, and Happy Holidays from Nashville TN!

ZacCarter

Good afternoon guys!

I have been lurking the forums for a few weeks now. Awesome place by the way. ;)

Look forward to learn a quite a bit from the fellow members.

A little background info about myself. I am 22, signs is my 9-5 job, and photography and webdesign are my hobbies. I have lived in the Nashville area for the past few years on and off, but hopefully now I am here to stay in the area.

Some info about our shop. It's a 50,000 square foot facility, lol, with about 2,000 sq. ft. being used for a sign shop, and the other 48 for storage, LOL.

We do have a workshop with 2 employee's that assemble cabinets, and other of the more "custom" stuff. In the work shop we have 3 sabre routers that I have no clue how to use, and they are hardly used at all. Would be awesome to get to a point one day to learn how to use them so they don't go to waste and rot.

In the actual sign shop we, and when I say we it is just now me and my co-worker Tim. Our manager, who put in his 2 weeks notice last week is leaving tomorrow. It could be a good thing it could be bad who knows. Just ridding out the waves, and hoping I can steer this ship. :)

In house we have a "63 mimaki JV3-160, Seal 62Pro, Envision 15" plotter, Edge FX, Graphtec FC7000MK2, And 48" Odessy, Lots of cool equipment and I have learned to operate it all over the past few months.

I will kindly take to anyones advice that they have to give. And would love expand my knowledge in the industry.

We have slowed down an awful lot, and hope it picks back up at the first of the year.

Thanks again. :peace!:

Rodi

Hey Welcome.

I lived in Nashville for 3 years, it was a good place. I loved going to Arnolds on 8th Avenue South.

tanneji

Hey from Little Rock! My folks live in Nashville and its awesome. Definitely figure out how to use those Sabre's. We had one at my old sign shop and I made some of the best wall art for myself with it haha. But, I am pretty much at about the same career level you are. I started with my first sign shop last year and have used it as a reason to get better at Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. If you need any advice or help or anything let me know!

Joel

ZacCarter

Hey from Little Rock! My folks live in Nashville and its awesome. Definitely figure out how to use those Sabre's. We had one at my old sign shop and I made some of the best wall art for myself with it haha. But, I am pretty much at about the same career level you are. I started with my first sign shop last year and have used it as a reason to get better at Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. If you need any advice or help or anything let me know!

Joel

Thanks Joel. I am pretty proficient at photoshop. But Illustrator is a different story. I am much better at Corel, but still have much to learn with both.

Just passed through Little Rock a few weeks ago for the Turkey Day, my parents live in Dallas. I will be sure to give you a holler. :)

sarge

welcome from puyallup .. i drove through nashville in '82 .. took the boys to disney on the way to ft leonard wood from germany .. nice place to hang if the kids were older

ZacCarter

welcome from puyallup .. i drove through nashville in '82 .. took the boys to disney on the way to ft leonard wood from germany .. nice place to hang if the kids were older

It's exploded around here since then I assure you, lol, and surprisingly the Titans are fairing well too. :beer

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people

it sounds like ya got opportunity knocking on the door ..more like smashing the door down

22yr old .. getting paid TO LEARN...in a field that ya earn great living and life .....get off your butt and give it all ya can

still enjoy hand lettering after 34 years... I do not have vinyl cutter even, can only wish

get my drift ......git-r-dun